Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

1 hour ago, swoopy2110 said:

It's been brought forward by a week. Confirmed.

oh fuck , i hope someone has told IOM , they'll be having the meltdown of the century otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

Have seen quite a few from Vic Road in Tesco.  Not sure how you can identify  non-Manx workers, new faces certainly, but I have assumed they have come from other Shoprite stores. 

Only identified as three of them could hardly speak a word of English.

9 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Only identified as three of them could hardly speak a word of English.

Obviously locals.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

9 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

The work at Victoria Road has had a knock back now scheduled to open at end of March.

Yes, something to do with the power feed I believe?

4 hours ago, Gladys said:

Have seen quite a few from Vic Road in Tesco.  Not sure how you can identify  non-Manx workers, new faces certainly, but I have assumed they have come from other Shoprite stores. 

I was talking to a couple of them, all there for training in the new systems apparently.

21 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

That doesn’t result in more people?  I have no idea what your point is?

Problem is, many are better off on benefits than if they worked. Make work pay more and look after people better and more people will work. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, WTF said:

oh fuck , i hope someone has told IOM , they'll be having the meltdown of the century otherwise.

Yes apparently will now close on 16th March still no signs anywhere near the store . So much for people saying they put notices up two weeks out ! Am struggling to see the benefits of Tesco - Castletown has crazy prices and seemingly less food range and fewer local products ! Lake Road prices 5p more now than across on many items all seems a real win for the customer….. not ! 

2 hours ago, IOM said:

...Lake Road prices 5p more now than across on many items all seems a real win for the customer….. not ! 

seriously did you expect Tesco to lower prices now it has a monopoly - 5d seems small - 20% is the usual rate tho shoprite were greedy with 30% on many items compared to Sainsbury stores across

46 minutes ago, Frances said:

seriously did you expect Tesco to lower prices now it has a monopoly - 5d seems small - 20% is the usual rate tho shoprite were greedy with 30% on many items compared to Sainsbury stores across

No I didn’t expect them to lower prices they are doing exactly what I expected. Am not sure some of those that think they are great realise it though !