TT 2024

Andy Onchan

On 5/13/2024 at 8:48 PM, La Colombe said:

Is this official? Seems to be using the logo. 

They seem to have only sold 8 items. Even Rob Callister wouldn't be dumb enough to worry about that. You'd have thought it would be many more, what with the TT being such a Huge Global Brand and that. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

They seem to have only sold 8 items. Even Rob Callister wouldn't be dumb enough to worry about that. You'd have thought it would be many more, what with the TT being such a Huge Global Brand and that. 

As mentioned earlier that logo is not the official one. Punters are in the main clued up as to what’s legit or not. Official merchandising , or the first of the range is in TTShirts on Queens prom now. Just viewed it myself a few hours ago. Cheaper than last year for T shirts , £23 each , but sadly still over priced but that is totally down to Government Motorsport division. Numptys the lot of them. Quality of garments are better but designs while better than last year are a bit Meh……..oh well. Let’s see what the general public think .

• Like 2

Spar outlets have wheeled out last year's leftover Cube tat again as well I see, not looked at the prices yet though.

51 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Spar outlets have wheeled out last year's leftover Cube tat again as well I see, not looked at the prices yet though.

The Book Company on Castle street has them also. He bought up loads of the redundant stock from Government/MIC at rock bottom prices to get rid and recover some money I believe .

Posted (edited)

When did the scaffold go up and the fencing into the road at the bottom of Summerhill. Old Tram offices ? . Anyone else think that it might cause issues when the TT traffic gets heavy. That’s some hire for Absoulute Scaffolding. Nothing done for god knows how long . Needs a few scaffolders down there to open up the pathway and get rid of the barriers and the likes obstructing the traffic. It’s clear nothings happening anytime soon after the fall out with DOI experts who said it needed dropped and the other ones that said it didn’t. Another Newsons on the Quay !.

Edited by Numbnuts

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

When did the scaffold go up and the fencing into the road at the bottom of Summerhill. Old Tram offices ? . Anyone else think that it might cause issues when the TT traffic gets heavy. That’s some hire for Absoulute Scaffolding. Nothing done for god knows how long . Needs a few scaffolders down there to open up the pathway and get rid of the barriers and the likes obstructing the traffic. It’s clear nothings happening anytime soon after the fall out with DOI experts who said it needed dropped and the other ones that said it didn’t. Another Newsons on the Quay !.

I'll be honest I'm pretty oblivious when driving but I think it's been up a few weeks

33 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I'll be honest I'm pretty oblivious when driving but I think it's been up a few weeks

It’s a lot longer than a few weeks I’m sure. And equally I’ve been pretty oblivious to it also but today with TT looming had me thinking . Pretty sure it’s a few hours work for a couple of scaffolders and would aliviate any issues that might arise.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, victorian dad said:

"Cheaper than last year for T shirts , £23 each". What sort of Muppet pays £23 for a T-shirt probably made in a South East Asian sweatshop? Presumably the same knobheads equipped with an iPhone.

Official merchandising is £23 this year and I agree with you it’s expensive . But that’s totally down to Governments Motorsport division and the Merchandiser. There’s really good T Shirts from local outlets at around £12 or so with great designs. Ohhhh , and for the record most Tshirts come from Asia or the likes of Turkey as that’s just the way it’s been for years.  

33 minutes ago, victorian dad said:

"Cheaper than last year for T shirts , £23 each". What sort of Muppet pays £23 for a T-shirt probably made in a South East Asian sweatshop? Presumably the same knobheads equipped with an iPhone.

£23 for official branded merchandise is CHEAP.  I hope you don’t have kids who want football kits, or any other type of branded stuff.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

£23 for official branded merchandise is CHEAP.  I hope you don’t have kids who want football kits, or any other type of branded stuff.

It's not cheap for a T shirt . It's definitely expensive. 

football kits, or any other type of branded stuff? They are expensive too.

I guess expensive is a subjective view. I think it's expensive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, victorian dad said:

Or paying for internet access

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Official merchandising is £23 this year and I agree with you it’s expensive . But that’s totally down to Governments Motorsport division and the Merchandiser. There’s really good T Shirts from local outlets at around £12 or so with great designs. Ohhhh , and for the record most Tshirts come from Asia or the likes of Turkey as that’s just the way it’s been for years.  

It may be cheaper than last year but hopefully it won't leave us with a £225k and counting headache...

• Like 1

Much publicity on the NPM this morning by Plod, informing the GMP how it is protecting our borders, issuing a warning to those tempted to bring in illegal substances. Does TT bring more drugs to the island as opposed to any other time of the year? I find these interviews both dick waving and grandstanding, congratulatory and justifying their jobs. The police should be dealing with the importation of drugs 24/7 365, in a normal manner, instead of publicity seeking initiatives. The same goes for road safety, vehicle/motorcycle standards, or is it a case of hammer the local population at various times of the year? 

I don’t know whether the IOM Police have sniffer dogs on the boat sniffing out motorcycles, motorcyclists and other boat passengers?