Ramsey Bakery

Hairy Poppins

5 hours ago, Hairy Poppins said:

It should last more than a day, which Ramsey Bakery frequently didn't.

I never had any problems with it lasting - checked the date when buying, a loaf could last me almost a week

• Like 5

RB Bread used to be frozen, defrosted and sold as fresh in Shopshite in Ramsey.

The petrol station in KM used to sell RB bread and they used to run out every day. That was fresh RB bread every day because of that, and really really nice. (Beware a shop with bread available after 5pm........

I have stopped eating bread in the UK as most is sh1t, apart from some toast loaf Mrs BR gets from Waitrose, when she finds it in stock. I am not into poncy bread and home made in a bread machine smells nice but it never does it for me.

I have my caviar on crackers now...... 🙂 

3 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

We still have some Ramsey Bakey loaves locked in the freezer as an investment (Molenberg & white and healthy).

Look out for announcements of the auction. Bids start at £50/loaf.

Do you by any chance have a  loaf of the ‘White & Healthy’ you could spare?

I always found it was unbeatable for re-puttying my greenhouse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I always thought White & Healthy was false advertising. Doorstop was a nice occasional treat but would never eat that kind of stuff daily. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I always thought White & Healthy was false advertising. Doorstop was a nice occasional treat but would never eat that kind of stuff daily. 

It actually occurred to me this morning... it was always good with a cooked breakfast on a Saturday morning.

I 'spose one slice of doorstep bread is the equivalent of two slices of normal? Does doorstep fit in a modern toaster? Not a bad idea if grilled slowly but best reserved for 'French Toast' ?