RATES

Fred the shred

2 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Believe me from professional experience and recent too - the DBC Housing team is a lack lustre unprofessional excuse making assortment of chair fillers - poor at best and barely employable elsewhere except LA.s or Government 

Then how would shifting this to central government help? Are you suggesting the beacon of competence that is the DOI would be better? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Then how would shifting this to central government help? Are you suggesting the beacon of competence that is the DOI would be better? 

Not sure they would, but and a big But it should cut the rates by a large chunk. 32 office workers and 4 tradesmen and 5 labourers.  =£1.72 million less in office wage and £245,000 in hands on people.

34 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

What an incredibly strange thing to say - at no point did I suggest Government involvement and your comment proves the blindly channeled thought process of most wannabe politicians- there is a third option away from amateurs and centralised amateurs and that is property professionals- handover to people who can and there is on Island some who could run the LA stock and administer it very capably - whether they would is another question.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

What an incredibly strange thing to say - at no point did I suggest Government involvement and your comment proves the blindly channeled thought process of most wannabe politicians- there is a third option away from amateurs and centralised amateurs and that is property professionals- handover to people who can and there is on Island some who could run the LA stock and administer it very capably - whether they would is another question.

Who? You want to leave social housing to developers and estate agents? 

• Confused 1

Just now, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Maybe review the YouTube video of the bin meeting at The Legion from memory 2 property companies spoke to say DBC hadn’t engaged with them despite telling them they had - that’s your starting point 

Ah the beacon of humanity that are property management companies. Totally the right people to look after often vulnerable social housing tenants. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Ah the beacon of humanity that are property management companies. Totally the right people to look after often vulnerable social housing tenants. 

Talking of which, was there ever an outcome to the allegations made against council officers concerning the enforcement of dilapidated building rules?

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Who? You want to leave social housing to developers and estate agents? 

I see as a Modertor you edited your post with no footprint - anyhooooo I didnt say Estate agents or developers I said Property Management professionals- do yourself favour and comment when you have researched a subject first as a poster second as an appointment Councillor third as a Moderator- very poor Frank

• Thanks 1