New TT Merchandiser....

HelmutX

It’s well on its way in containers mainly from China. . Look for it in the shops Mid May  with the usual fanfare and press launch. I’ve been told that there really engaging with local outlets in the build up. Better than Cube by a million miles . Looking promising from all I’ve heard. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

It’s well on its way in containers mainly from China. . Look for it in the shops Mid May  with the usual fanfare and press launch. I’ve been told that there really engaging with local outlets in the build up. Better than Cube by a million miles . Looking promising from all I’ve heard. 

Make me holla... they better get them ships cranked up now, get around the "Horn" cuz them Houthis would luv to wear our gear! My money is on 1) being late to the party (as was last year and 2) boring theme as was last year.... oh, 3)  NO CHOICE!!

China???? FFS! I'd not be surprised the programmes aren't written Chinese!

6 minutes ago, HelmutX said:

Make me holla... they better get them ships cranked up now, get around the "Horn" cuz them Houthis would luv to wear our gear! My money is on 1) being late to the party (as was last year and 2) boring theme as was last year.... oh, 3)  NO CHOICE!!

Well the designs are all agreed by Government MotorSport division and signed of after in some cases knocked back. And the price is set by them also. The Containers are been tracked by a friend who’s involved . They are totally on schedule and remember practice starts late on 27th May. Interestingly enough they aren’t doing the Grand Prix and that’s gone to Black Dog up at Jurby  They apparently bailed out Cube when sizes and designs failed or insufficient numbers. Fair play. 

Edited by Numbnuts

45 minutes ago, HelmutX said:

Aren’t they a firm who are part of the JD Sports group?  I don’t see why there should be any issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

They are… big operation and tbh quite a catch for the TT . 

Good. Doesn’t change the fact nobody was held responsible for screwing up the previous arrangement and the whole Cube debacle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have seen some of their soccer related  kit , very lightweight and full of Nylon   ,producing merchandise for motorcycle enthusiasts is a bit different  they want something cotton easily washable  and falling into the smart casual   bracket ,but warm enough to be worn on the motorcycle ,  the world and his wife are selling motorcycle themed clothing at the grandstand and elsewhere during TT week  ,

Cube were a disaster  and someones head should have rolled  for the mess the department made of the procurement process and the due diligence or lack of it , 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Good. Doesn’t change the fact nobody was held responsible for screwing up the previous arrangement and the whole Cube debacle. 

17 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

No I agree ….terrible sequence but only what we’ve come to expect