Hospitality Call to Arms!

Max Power

29 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

That is what I guessed.

So they are getting a handout at their busiest time of the year whether they are struggling or not , while other local businesses which could also be struggling  have to close for the two weeks and still pay their staff get no help at all?

Our government are morons.  Who is actually the most successful business person with real world experience in the civil service or our joke of a government, because it’s time they stood up and were listened to.

Your persona of being a socialite to an AI expert 🤣 as well as hospitality is wearing thin Dave. You were a different trade back then, but stop trying so hard to pretend you’re someone else. You should have just accepted your ban. 

It means those working full time over TT will receive tax relief. It was planned prior to the hospitality meetings. 

You profess to be some business expert but continually show you haven’t a clue what’s going on. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Do they do it out of duty or to make some cash? 

It’s a means of providing income for upkeep of ground and clubhouse and the likes. The ground takes a lot of upkeep to keep it decent for senior and junior teams. But also it’s a way for senior members of the club to still contribute once they cease playing. It’s a big income stream that you get two weeks to make the most of the opportunity . Nobody gets paid and all the players are expected to do a turn on the bar for one night at least. And they do . Obviously if over 18.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jackwhite said:

Your persona of being a socialite to an AI expert 🤣 as well as hospitality is wearing thin Dave. You were a different trade back then, but stop trying so hard to pretend you’re someone else. You should have just accepted your ban. 

It means those working full time over TT will receive tax relief. It was planned prior to the hospitality meetings. 

You profess to be some business expert but continually show you haven’t a clue what’s going on. 

I asked what it meant, because I didn’t know and responded to the answer I was given.

What are you on about?

So does this new incentive (which I still haven’t seen proper detail on) apply to other industries who need more staff over TT like security?

Just now, Anthony Ingham said:

I asked what it meant, because I didn’t know and responded to the answer I was given.

What are you on about?

So does this new incentive (which I still haven’t seen proper detail on) apply to other industries who need more staff over TT like security?

Simple question, you’re not the banned poster formerly known as Crazy Dave? 

you apparently know everything, how come you can’t figure this out? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Have you any idea how much effort goes in to a successful well run camp sites. Firstly you have to have the land then lots of infrastructure , showers , toilets , food etc and a safe environment. Then people to run it and keep it tidy and controlled . It’s a big commitment and only really needed once a year. .

Colby football club do it, DHSOB do it, St Johns do it, Peel & St Johns cricket club do it.

Are you saying all these amateur clubs which are run by volunteers can manage it, yet your reasoning which is no reasoning can't start anymore campsites?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

you apparently know everything, how come you can’t figure this out? 

Maybe we should start a sweep?

Though the GSC might ring us up for their £2 share.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Colby football club do it, DHSOB do it, St Johns do it, Peel & St Johns cricket club do it.

Are you saying all these amateur clubs which are run by volunteers can manage it, yet your reasoning which is no reasoning can't start anymore campsites?

Wow , where did that come from. My answer was a reply to get more camp sites comment.. And your right and they and others all have Camp sites for TT . As do a few more. But they have the infrastructure already in place in their  club houses. Old boys actually are utilizing Onchan afc ground and facility this year to give them more capacity . Any club with facilities can do it. Why don’t they.? Nobody’s stopping them but maybe club members don’t fancy the work. Recent years St George’s have just about finished it would seem as a campsite as they have very few if any players interested or willing to do the work. 

Edited by Numbnuts

12 minutes ago, jackwhite said:
14 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Yes.

The bloke who was banned by John Wright (who apparently isn’t a moderator) and whose last post was simply saying something John Wright posted was irrelevant and not funny.

I still don’t know the details of this scheme.  Would you be kind enough to share them ?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Yes.

The bloke who was banned by John Wright (who apparently isn’t a moderator) and whose last post was simply saying something John Wright posted was irrelevant and not funny.

I still don’t know the details of this scheme.  Would you be kind enough to share them ?

So you aren’t  Crazy Dave despite holding similar grudges? Seems legit 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Civil Servants are only working a 37 hour week. If there is a shortage of staff, maybe they ought to help out.

Behave, the bollocks they are making of their own jobs, would you want these feckers pulling you a pint?

32 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Maybe just refer to him as Clueless Dave from now on...

3 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Behave, the bollocks they are making of their own jobs, would you want these feckers pulling you a pint?

If they are Manx Care employees, they would probably insist on having a Change Consultant to instruct them how to change a barrel. And free parking.

• Haha 1