The Truth Behind 9/11

TheTool

Conspiracy theories aside, this still doesn't justify the resulting 684,000 casualities (I also believe this number is hugely dumbed-down) from the Iraq/Afghanistan conflicts.

No, it doesn't, absolutely not. I wish everyone could be friends, and live in a perfect world. I should imagine that if the middle east weren't in such a mess and we all got on, that it'd be a great place to visit.

But i feel, that Iraq needed to be liberated, and once its all cooled down(if allowed to be), and its democracy is left to work, that everyone will see that. It is,of course, an unacceptable loss of life, no buts, except-but thats a different issue mate.

I added a little to my previous post mate. Please read if you ain't busy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never too busy for you mate, read it, but the whole thing's a bit "bucket of shit from China" for me, ie, far-fetched, i don't believe anyone would go to those extremes to cover anything up, no matter how expensive a loss they'd made on whatever, just doesn't add up to me. Nor do i believe the FBI or CIA have anything to prove to anyone on the matter, why would they bother, they basically answer to no-one.

I love the way the essence of the conspiracy nuts defence is that the rest of us are too stupid to understand their 'enlightened' nonsense.

It's a shame it's never crossed their mind that it might just be the other way round....

how the hell can you call yourself a 'moderator' when you're not willing to listen to both sides of the story, but instead visciously attacking someone's suggestion? just goes to show the quality of this message board, hence why I don't post here much and look at boards with more enlightening debates

Bollocks, I'm with you on this one, there are many unanswered questions on 9/11, a year ago I'd be after Osama, but it's not just the twin towers, it's the whole PNAC/neo-con thing which clearly most people don't/won't know anything about. You're wasting you're time with these people...

Thought we needed some balance:

Refuting the 9/11 conspiracy theories

Enjoy!

Thanks for that! Interesting to read - especially liked this bit:

Here's one obvious question the conspiracy theorists don't ask and certainly could not answer in any compelling way: If American Airlines Flight 77 didn't crash into the Pentagon, what did happen to the jetliner and all its passengers? Did it vanish into thin air?

and the Napkin math on the attack in NY is pretty cool:

Bear with me -- this is intended as nothing more than my geek way of coping. Plus the results are astounding.

Energy content of jet fuel: 5.67M BTU per barrel

Standard petroleum barrel : 42 US gallons

767 Fuel capacity : 23,980 US gallons

767 fuel use : 1,380 gallons/hr

To convert BTU to calories, multiply by 251.996

Assume 22,050 gallons in the tanks when the plane hit the building.

22,050 gallons = 525 barrels

525 barrels * 5.67M = 2,976,750,000 BTU

2976750000 * 251.996 = 750,129,093,000 calories

Energy content of fuel: 750,129,093,000 calories

For two planes : 1,500,258,186,000 calories

Kinetic Energy = 1/2 * mass * velocity ** 2

To convert joules to calories, multiply by .23901

767 empty weight : 82,737 kg

Fuel Weight : 10,000 kg

Total : 92,737 kg

Assume velocity at impact 400 mph = 645000 m/h = 179 m/s KE = .5 * 92737 * (179 ^2) = 1,485,693,109 joules KE = 355,095,510 calories

Impact of two planes: 710,191,020 calories

Potential Energy = mass * gravity * height

212,500 cubic yards of concrete per building 4,000 lbs per cubic yard

850,000,000 lbs concrete 200,000,000 lbs steel

Estimated building weight: 1,000,000,000 lbs = 453,600,000 kg

Height of building: 415 meters

Estimated Potential Energy: 836,983,600,000 joules : 200,047,500,000 calories

For two buildings : 400,085,000,000 calories

I converted everything into calories for one very important reason. The official definition of a kiloton is 10E12 calories.

Fuel content of planes : 1,500,000,000,000 calories

Kinetic Energy of impacts : 710,000,000 calories

Potential energy of buildings : 400,000,000,000 calories

1,900,710,000,000 calories

Energy released in WTC event : 1.9 kilotons

Energy released by building collapse, on Richter scale : 3.5

Hiroshima bomb : 13 kilotons

See? It's all so simple... :wacko::)

how the hell can you call yourself a 'moderator' when you're not willing to listen to both sides of the story, but instead visciously attacking someone's suggestion? just goes to show the quality of this message board, hence why I don't post here much and look at boards with more enlightening debates

So as a mod, you're not allowed to have your own opinion? That's a shame... Good Luck in your quest for enlightenment elsewhere.....and no, I don't think you're all nutters or something. I just don't believe the stories and that such an event could be "faked".

We all only rely on what we have been reading, from books or the Internets - no-one of us was actually there when the plane hit the pentagon, or was present in the militray control room or the oral oval office when the whole thing was "planned" or reacted to - I tend to make up may own mind about things, especially big conspiracies and stuff - worked for me in the past...

just goes to show the quality of this message board, hence why I don't post here much and look at boards with more enlightening debates

Yes, it does sound like you'd be better posting on a forum full of sycophants and delusional muppets. Much better to be posting somewhere where everyone agrees with you. That must be fascinating debate right there.

just goes to show the quality of this message board, hence why I don't post here much and look at boards with more enlightening debates

Yes, it does sound like you'd be better posting on a forum full of sycophants and delusional muppets. Much better to be posting somewhere where everyone agrees with you. That must be fascinating debate right there.

ha ha, brilliant, but you forgot to comment on the first part of that post Mr Moderator...

so you know, I am highly successful (and well rewarded) in what I do as I living, one of the reasons being that I always listen to both sides of the story, hence I don't go with the flow or accept any form of mediocrity...

go back to playing computer games and enjoying your 'ordinary' life.

Adios!!

ha ha, brilliant, but you forgot to comment on the first part of that post Mr Moderator...

Being a mod doesn't exclude me from having an opinion that doesn't match yours. And quite frankly, when you resort to calling me a 'tit', you'll forgive me for failing to credit you with any sense.

so you know, I am highly successful (and well rewarded) in what I do as I living

I did hear the rentboy industry was quite lucrative, well done you.

Well have a look at this.

Link

Could I have a free copy, please? Or is Channel 4 gonna show something (taking that they were mentioned..) - Not sure it's worth $ 5.95 - I fear my curiousity might get the better of me, though...

Archived