Freedom of Thought and Speech

Chinahand

2 hours ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Some of his best friends are Jewish?

Well I'm Jewish by birth and now secular Jewish by choice so it's a racing certainty that some of my best friends will be Yiddish both religious and secular so no ceegar there!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:41 PM, Rog said:

Well I'm Jewish by birth and now secular Jewish by choice so it's a racing certainty that some of my best friends will be Yiddish both religious and secular so no ceegar there!

Rog...I fully support you and your homeland...

Recently due my post I am called Nazi...only because I question Halal meat on the IoM.

Kind regards

A Roberts

Gates of Vienna

15 minutes ago, BC1683 said:

Rog...I fully support you and your homeland...

Recently due my post I am called Nazi...only because I question Halal meat on the IoM.

Kind regards

A Roberts

Gates of Vienna

Sadly Israel has become problematic. I find myself wondering if the cost of preserving Israel is worth the price that is increasingly having to be paid by the Western world. 

Long term, even short term armistice with Muslims is now a lost hope, and peace is totally impossible. But it's not just Israel, it applies to all Jews everywhere. The Qur'an utterly prohibits it from ever happening.  What people don't realise is that any meaningful integration by Muslims with Western society is also impossible, again because of what the Qur'an dictates, but for us Yids - we're toast.

Rog,     Interesting that you refer to yourself as a "Yid"  I met and worked with many Jewish folk in London who did not have a problem with identifying themselves as a "Yid" .  

However these days  there are some who claim the term is offensive and to use it identify one as a 'racist' .

I also had many West Indian mates and it wasn't that unusual to hear them  call each other using the "N" word .

My question is ........would you be offended if a non jewish person use the word "Yid"  and I wonder if it may depend on whether you know the individual personally , in which case it's acceptable , otherwise not?

26 minutes ago, paswt said:

Rog,     Interesting that you refer to yourself as a "Yid"  I met and worked with many Jewish folk in London who did not have a problem with identifying themselves as a "Yid" .  

However these days  there are some who claim the term is offensive and to use it identify one as a 'racist' .

I also had many West Indian mates and it wasn't that unusual to hear them  call each other using the "N" word .

My question is ........would you be offended if a non jewish person use the word "Yid"  and I wonder if it may depend on whether you know the individual personally , in which case it's acceptable , otherwise not?

Not in the least, though if it was followed by the word "bast*ard" - unless it was my wife I might be.

Funnily enough adding "thebastard" when a Jewish wife refers to her husband is common place, at least in our house!

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve no idea who Jordan Peterson really is, I’ve heard he’s controversial, but it’s not really entered my consciousness.

This interview shows him to have forthright and interesting views and he certainly holds his own against some pretty hostile questioning.

Though not being his biggest fan, Paul Weston has an interesting critique of that interview...

What he espouses maybe hard for some to swallow, given his past associations with the far-right but he puts some things in perspective. 

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:49 PM, paswt said:

Down on my manor some say "Four bys" and "Front wheels"..

13 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Down on my manor some say "Four bys" and "Front wheels"..

There's lots of slang expressions used, "four by twos", clip-tips", "DSP's" (Dead Sea Pedestrians" are just a few and obviously we've got a good number that we use amongst ourselves, not all polite by ANY means!

One of my favourite to describe a typical elderly frum old lady is as a "Beckey-Down-The-Lane"! 

John Wright Wrote in my Bee Gees Thread:

"Druid, please stop posting here, showing yourself up. It’s fascinating, like watching a train crash, but ultimately the fascination is ghoulish."

Another Example of someone trying to Control or Censor anothers Right to Freedom of Speech.

I had known so many others on other Message Forums that it was the reason why I did not post much during my first 2 to 3 years of being a Member of this Manx Forum.

3X3

8 minutes ago, TheDruid-3X3 said:

John Wright Wrote in my Bee Gees Thread:

"Druid, please stop posting here, showing yourself up. It’s fascinating, like watching a train crash, but ultimately the fascination is ghoulish."

Another Example of someone trying to Control or Censor anothers Right to Freedom of Speech.

I had known so many others on other Message Forums that it was the reason why I did not post much during my first 2 to 3 years of being a Member of this Manx Forum.

3X3

FWIW I rather enjoy reading your offerings!

Archived