The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

Listen! the last film I watched was boogie nights 2 hours I had ta wait ta ave a quick spy of a cock when all I needed at do was ta stand and watch Douglas cycle lane where there's loads of cocks,

If you wanted to see cocks, you could have looked on, ooh I dunno, the internet? It's full of them, figuratively and literally. Erm, so I've been told. Ahem.

Just seen The International, starring Chancer and the screamy one out of King Kong who wasn't actually King Kong. It's one of them "message" films, but possibly the best example of one I've seen in quite a while. Ten minutes of fairly gritty shooty action, eighty minutes of talking about serious things, four minutes of "this here thing what the film is about is bad for society and the world, innit", and not one wedged-in-to-appease-marketing romance. It does get, well, boring, but considering the subject matter and the sheer craft which has gone into the film, it's perfectly acceptable. And I'm hammered, and I watched a boring film, and I liked it, so it must be good.

For anyone who knows weird German films and isn't sure - it's by the guy who did Run Lola Run, but it's fuck all like Run Lola Run. But it's worth a watch, though.

It also contains a variation on the "sometimes burning bridges gives you the light to see by" quote, which is also good.

I'd give it three and a half World Banks out of five.

Just seen The International, starring Chancer and the screamy one out of King Kong who wasn't actually King Kong. It's one of them "message" films, but possibly the best example of one I've seen in quite a while. Ten minutes of fairly gritty shooty action, eighty minutes of talking about serious things, four minutes of "this here thing what the film is about is bad for society and the world, innit", and not one wedged-in-to-appease-marketing romance. It does get, well, boring, but considering the subject matter and the sheer craft which has gone into the film, it's perfectly acceptable. And I'm hammered, and I watched a boring film, and I liked it, so it must be good.

For anyone who knows weird German films and isn't sure - it's by the guy who did Run Lola Run, but it's fuck all like Run Lola Run. But it's worth a watch, though.

It also contains a variation on the "sometimes burning bridges gives you the light to see by" quote, which is also good.

I'd give it three and a half World Banks out of five.

Run Lola Run is one of my favourite films ever, I'll give this one a go.

Watched Crank 2 over the weekend. Quite possibly the most random 96 minutes of film I've ever seen, brilliant stuff.

Crank 2 is the apex of the current era of cinema. It cannot be bettered within my lifetime.

I watched Crank 2. The first half being a really good watch, the second half being a boring shitefest that deserved a switch off. If you're going to give it a watch, don't worry about missing anything if you want to turn it off about 2/3rds of the way when it gets crap, nothing else worth watching happens.

Lars and the Real Girl - wonderful film, really well acted - Ryan Gosling is excellent as Lars, a man who falls in love with a sex doll. It's funny and very moving.

Lars and the Real Girl - brilliantly funny, and kinda heartwarming. Ahhh. Highly recommended.

Seconded. Don't let the premise put you off.

Blimey, not like me to be ahead of the game.

My kids dragged me to Final Destination 4 last weekend - lots of people being killed in highly improbable ways in glorious 3D. Don't waste your money - it's shite.

• 3 weeks later...