The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

Drive - very quiet in a way (atmospheric?) with the odd bit of shocking violence when it occured. Liked it.

I'm in two minds about this film. It was beautifully shot and acted, gorgeous use of music, aesthetically an absolute delight - but I'm not really sure what it was actually about.

I think it's one that needs some time to sink in.

And yes, some of the violence was pretty awful, and it generally doesn't bother me.

Drive - very quiet in a way (atmospheric?) with the odd bit of shocking violence when it occured. Liked it.

I'm in two minds about this film. It was beautifully shot and acted, gorgeous use of music, aesthetically an absolute delight - but I'm not really sure what it was actually about.

I think it's one that needs some time to sink in.

Well put, I'd fully agree. If anything, it was one I remember more than many other "Shoot and Forget" flicks. Stands out in a hard to describe way.

Kill List:

Not sure I'd go along with some of the incredibly high praise in the trailer, but this was certainly a very interesting film that took a remarkable turn into the unexpected towards the end.

If I were doing a parental advisory I'd warn about some very brutal (albeit low-budget) violence, and a final fifteen minutes that represent a descent into horrible madness.

Definitely worth a watch.

I'd agree

Bit of a strange one

Just started watching it last night

Not got that far in but it's very good so far

As Twonky says, very well filmed, very aesthetic.

Stunning soundtrack

Edited by wheels

Just started watching it last night

Not got that far in but it's very good so far

As Twonky says, very well filmed, very aesthetic.

Drive needs a second watch, on my second runthrough (knowing exactly what was going to happen) its themes and arc became apparent.

There are moments when it's almost painfully beautiful.

HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN

Was somewhat different from what I was expecting.

A bit nastier, a bit better, a bit more visceral, a bit more 'real film' than the straight 'B' movie I'd have thought it would be. (Although it still has B movie OTT and cheesiness and suchlike in there.)

Rutger Hauer is still toweringly brilliant, as you'd expect, but the film around him was pretty good too.

You have to remember that this is the guy who made a good chunk of this scene up on the spot, so it's never going to be shit:

http://youtu.be/a_saUN4j7Gw?t=1m19s

Edited by Twonky

I watched Drive the other night. After it was finished i couldn't decide whether it was interesting and different, or an absolute bag of shit. Still can't make up my mind.

Watch it again, and it'll make up your mind one way or the other.

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer with this film, but ultimatley it either clicks or it doesn't. (I've read reviews and opinions from people who just flat out don't like it, and their points are entirely valid, but a lot of folks seem to agree on two viewings being the key to which camp you're in.)

Enjoyed watching The Time Traveller's Wife this evening.

I was a bit surprised by the low ratings it received. I hadn't read the book and was happily drawn into its conceit. I thought it was a really well imagined story and well acted.

Being a bit Freudian I suppose it's a 40 something's movie about anxiety of death, living your life through your children and the struggles of marriage, but redeemed by love.

I fit that demographic and enjoyed it - for 20 and 30 somethings I suppose it left them flat.

Anyway - I recommend it. A nice evening with the missus!