Best Place For Sunday Lunch

smirnoffwrecker

When people say Sunday lunch - do they actually mean a roast, or just whatever else is on offer?

When I say Sunday lunch, I'm referring to a roast of some sort (pork, beef, lamb, chicken) either a carvery or sit down / table service - not Thai, Indian or burger/fish & chips etc.

I only ask as the last time I went out with a mate for Sunday lunch, most other people in the place seemed to be ordering other stuff.

If I were going to someone's house for Sunday lunch I would assume it was a roast but when dining out it is more the activity I am subscribing to rather than what ends up being served. Crazy eh?!

The Bradda Glen is under new ownership and does a good carvery, with a great buffet style starter selection. I've been a few times recently and not been dissapointed.

The Cherry Orchard is also still spot on for Sunday carvery. Booking is required for both.

+1 for the cherry orchard

best sunday carvery I've had in years if ever

The Bradda Glen is under new ownership and does a good carvery, with a great buffet style starter selection. I've been a few times recently and not been dissapointed.

The Cherry Orchard is also still spot on for Sunday carvery. Booking is required for both.

+1 for the cherry orchard

best sunday carvery I've had in years if ever

How much is the damage for said meal?

better quality than any carvery you'd get in the UK for those prices

they won me over when I asked for Beef and he said "how do you like it cooked? we have rare, medium or well done joints"

they won me over when I asked for Beef and he said "how do you like it cooked? we have rare, medium or well done joints"

Must have been from across and new to Manx customer service. Bet he doesn't ask that now.

Must have been from across and new to Manx customer service. Bet he doesn't ask that now.

Hah!

They have been consistent over the past 2 years I have ventured that way

Usually have 4 or 5 joints on offer - plenty of veg and a reasonably sized plate

Never had a problem with any of the food in the Cherry, think main course only is just under a tenner. Like Rhumsaa says they always have beef cooked a few ways, along with lamb, pork, ham and Turkey.

The Bradda is a set price of about £17.90 ish for 3 courses I was up again on Sunday and couldn't fault it and now word is getting round it's getting busier each week, nice to see the place getting used to its potential.

What are their roasties like, and their gravy, and most importantly, their Yorkshire puddings?

We need details.

I had turkey crown and all the trimmings at the Harbour Lights in Ramsey on Sunday (they didn't have beef and I didn't really fancy pork, although when it came for someone else on the table it did look really good and came with proper crispy crackling). Good sized portion, the turkey was okay I guess, not as good as you'd get from the butcher and if you'd done it yourself but the roasties were nice and crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, veg was good and the gravy tasty. Starter and pud were also very good and I was well and truly full at the end of it all.

Service was great, very attentive and we were offered more veg and gravy but we really didn't need it as what they provided was plenty.

I think it was 17.95 for 3 courses which given the quality of the food I thought was great value for money.

• 3 weeks later...