Best Place For Sunday Lunch

smirnoffwrecker

We went to the Pavillion in Laxey for sunday lunch after going there for a party earlier in the year. It was excellent, highly recommend it.

Well, here I must differ with that view. Mr Addie and I went there for a meal very recently and were shocked at the really poor quality of cooking.

And £4.00 extra charge for half a dozen chips? Absolutely disgraceful.

I think that they need a new cook and they also need to improve the quality of their ingredients.

Question. Does a lump of boiled chicken with mushroom soup drizzled over the top qualify as Chicken Chasseur?

Question. Would you serve tinned mushrooms with a steak, or at all?

I should bloody well hope not.

I think half of the positive reviews that places get must be based purely on portion size as the actual quality of some dishes is staggeringly poor from so called professionals.

We went to the Pavillion in Laxey for sunday lunch after going there for a party earlier in the year. It was excellent, highly recommend it.

Well, here I must differ with that view. Mr Addie and I went there for a meal very recently and were shocked at the really poor quality of cooking.

And £4.00 extra charge for half a dozen chips? Absolutely disgraceful.

I think that they need a new cook and they also need to improve the quality of their ingredients.

Question. Does a lump of boiled chicken with mushroom soup drizzled over the top qualify as Chicken Chasseur?

Question. Would you serve tinned mushrooms with a steak, or at all?

Tend to agree, when I questioned the toughness of the steak and miniscule size, the waitress disappeared and came saying the chef bought it in Shoprite this morning it must be their fault....priceless

• 4 weeks later...

if you feel like venturin to ballasalla the whitestone does a really nice sunday lunch! the other food is pretty average but the sunday roast is fantastic

Food is very nice there I agree, however myself and a number of people from work all agree the older gentleman who seems to run the place is extremely grumpy and bordering on downright rude. It's put me off going back for a third time.

• 1 year later...

The Bradda Glen is under new ownership and does a good carvery, with a great buffet style starter selection. I've been a few times recently and not been dissapointed.

The Cherry Orchard is also still spot on for Sunday carvery. Booking is required for both.