Best Place For Sunday Lunch

smirnoffwrecker

Went to the HQ bar and restaurant last Sunday for dinner, very quiet, had some sort of February offer on, 3 courses for 15 quid, never bothered with it just got a Sunday roast which was lamb as that was the only meat they had, and as the wife and kids arnt keen on it they went for something else, now back to my main, I was charged £14 for it, but was marked £10 on a board outside, kids meals where £5 each which was to include drink and ice cream, was charged for the drinks and got no ice cream. Over all food was good, but service was shocking,won't hurry back again, was 1 woman on working and to be honest I don't think she had a clue what she was doing.

Edited by yee haa yessir!

• 1 month later...

I've left it too late this week to get into the Cherry Orchard on Sunday - any other recommendations gratefully received

If you're down this way the Bradda is good, also for the price the Falcon is a bargain @ £8.00 and was spot on for the price although the chef has changed again since I was last there.

I've left it too late this week to get into the Cherry Orchard on Sunday - any other recommendations gratefully received

If you're down this way the Bradda is good, also for the price the Falcon is a bargain @ £8.00 and was spot on for the price although the chef has changed again since I was last there.

Bradda Glen is probably my back up option

Is the Falcon a carvery or a plate of roast dinner?

I was surprised at the quality of the Sunday Dinner at Callows Yard. (We went on Mothers Day). It's possibly the best I've been to. Worth a try! It was pretty empty when we went, possibly because not many people like the owner.

Alternatively there is always Douglas Golf Club, the Sunday Dinner has never let me down. And with the choice from the carvery means that they really should give out bigger plates.

Bradda Glen is probably my back up option

Is the Falcon a carvery or a plate of roast dinner?

carvery

• Like 1

Heat and freshness are the problems with carveries. God knows why they are so popular but they are!!!

The Queens, Dglas, certainly used to be very good, should still be. Plated, hot, freshly refreshed! thumbsup.gif

Went to the Mitre a few months back with the wife and 2 kids. Food was very poor, it was as if they had just used tesco value stuff all around

Having heard for so long how great the food was supposed to be there, i was blown away how bad it was. Decor is also super dated, and the place just looks grimy and run down. Would certainly not go back

Had lunch in the Creek Inn a couple of weeks ago, and the food was *OK* and nothing more. Had the fish, and was probably the smallest cod i've ever been served in a pub. Tasted OK, but certainly not worth anywhere near what we paid for it.

Did Highwayman last week, same meal as i ordered in the Creek, and it was very nice. Large piece of cod, and well cooked chips. Kids enjoyed their food too, and my wife said the scampi was very nice.

Went to the Bradda Glen today. Don't think I'll return.

The cold buffet starter had been decimated by 1pm and didn't have appropriate cutlery to serve up the food onto your plate.

The main carvery meat was cheap and the selection of veg etc was average.

I found a hair in my dad's potato salad, told the girl who collected the plates about it and she laughed and said it wasn't hers.

• Like 1

We went to the Guard house, Jurby last week (not Sunday) and the food was fresh, tasty and the portions massive. Guests loved it.

We also went to Bradda Glen. What is the tatty marquee object on the front obscuring that wonderful view? Anyway, pulled pork quite tasty but a bit dry and the place looked rather dingy. Tables and chairs need a repaint. Guests said OK but...

Falcon in Port Erin served a tasty and fresh lunch last week and the dining area and bar has been updated and is very fresh, modern and pretty. Guests loved it.

Dinner at Mona Lisa last week too. Fabulously tasty food nicely presented. Service friendly and attentive. As always. Guests delighted with everything.

We also went to Bradda Glen. Anyway, pulled pork quite tasty but a bit dry and the place looked rather dingy. Tables and chairs need a repaint. Guests said OK but...

Yes I noticed that the ceiling had strips of masking tape hanging down around the edges where they'd been painting.... how long ago I'm not sure

• Like 1

• 2 years later...