Best Place For Sunday Lunch

smirnoffwrecker

The Tholton Bistro at Tholt y Will were doing a very nice carvery on Sunday, three courses for £17.50 I think it was - including coffee and mints! And the beef was Manx sirloin!! You take your own wine as there's no licence but they didn't even charge for corkage. That was last year when I went. Don't think it'll be open for quite a while this year because the road it's on is going to be shut for three months.

• 2 years later...

Well I hope whoever gets the contract is as good as the previous folk.

Had a couple of lovely meals there, well presented by polite staff in a good atmosphere.

Hope you enjoy.

Well I hope whoever gets the contract is as good as the previous folk.

Had a couple of lovely meals there, well presented by polite staff in a good atmosphere.

Hope you enjoy.

depends whether the Corpy are just doing the same trick which happened with the railway station, had it sown up and the sitting tenant got kicked out, all in the name of fairness, like :lol:

were/are the current tenants planning to leave ?

Public bodies have to be seen to, at least try, to get the best rent and business plan for their tax/rate payers. The tenders could range from £10k to 30k because each is attempting to make the best offer.

There would be outcry if a councillor were to get it for 6k and a non disclosure deal!

Public bodies have to be seen to, at least try, to get the best rent and business plan for their tax/rate payers. The tenders could range from £10k to 30k because each is attempting to make the best offer.

There would be outcry if a councillor were to get it for 6k and a non disclosure deal!

Seems a possibility with the corpy.

Is the Buttery subject to competitive tendering? It used to be run by the Creamery (or Milk Marketing Board then, I think) many years ago, but now seems to be run privately and very well as I can see. But is it ever up for tender or was it sold outright?