New Magazine For The Island?

chiefmark

I wish them luck, as I would anyone starting up a business.

But they face tough competition. I've already seen a free regular island publication available that has: jokes, satirical articles, boobs and tits, topical arguments, takes a slanted look at news stories, and frequently takes the piss out of a lot of people on the island - look out for it - it's called 'Hansard'.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just bought one from the Spar near the bus station. Just skimmed through, theres an interview in there from my cousin which is nice.

It's well put together, has a good mixture of local and other articles. They have missed a trick regarding a gig guide, that would be a decent regular feature. Maybe that will come. I also think they need some reviews (games/films/books etc)

Certainly a promising start.

Bought Banter yesterday.

It's a bit like Nuts but funnier, better written and with no football or boobs. Made me laugh out loud on the bus.

I'll buy it again.

Well done lads.

I also think they need some reviews (games/films/books etc)

If they review stuff, I'd prefer it to be local. Can get my games reviews anywhere, but I'm not going to get a local band review off metacritic.

Bought Banter yesterday.

It's a bit like Nuts but funnier, better written and with no football or boobs. Made me laugh out loud on the bus.

I'll buy it again.

Well done lads.

Are you Marks Mum or anything?

:lol:

I haven't bought a copy yet but will today and get back to ya

Bought Banter yesterday.

I'll buy it again.

Well done lads.

Are you Marks Mum or anything?

:lol:

I haven't bought a copy yet but will today and get back to ya

I can guarantee you, Cassandra is most definately not Marks mum...... :P

Bought it, it's ok but don't think I'll bother again. Lots of uninteresting filler like horoscopes, random trivia, tiny snippets of old news, recipes and not much else. Best bit is the 'things to do', and that's the last page. Points for effort, but why isn't it just a web page?

I bought a copy.

All those stories relating to excrement I found quite awful. Intended to shock, maybe. Schoolboy humour it isn't. The film Trainspotting might have got away with this sort of thing just the once, but to have 3 stories on the same theme in a magazine like this, is over the top and entirely unnecessary.

Not for me thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived