New Magazine For The Island?

chiefmark

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I've offered my services but couldn't make it to the gig they were reviewing this month, but hopefully will get some of my photos published in their mag at some point.

I agree about the humor, it does need some more interesting content, hopefully if it takes of they will get more contributors.

I had high hopes for this magazine.

This page put me right off:

post-2735-1241011534_thumb.jpg

'Pushing the envelope' is one thing, being naughty, disgusting, rude, shocking etc. I can handle but is my sense of humour so out of date that I found all of these 'stories' on the same bodily function theme not even at the level of puerile.

%age, much agreed! i was really looking forward to reading it, but then that page completely did my head in, to the point i thought that there should be a parental advisory sticker on it. i dont want my 11 yr old niece reading about things like that. i dunno, first issue i suppose, i just hope it gets a lot better.

maybe instead of the gig guide aswell, just make a link to either manxbands or iom gig guide, as most of these gigs always change anyway. has potential oh yes, but a re-think of what "stories" to add, is needed.

my tuppenies worth... x

What a peculiar magazine. Is it aimed at those strange people who get a sexual thrill from having someone defecate into their mouth, or at least witnessing others engaged in such an act? I mean, each to their own and that, it's not something I would get off on myself, but is there a viable market for that sort of thing on the Isle of Man? I wouldn't have thought so, it's pretty niche after all. I won't be buying it and will from now associate the capitalised word Banter with crap. Which is probably about right. I suspect the editor is a buffoon.

%age, much agreed! i was really looking forward to reading it, but then that page completely did my head in, to the point i thought that there should be a parental advisory sticker on it. i dont want my 11 yr old niece reading about things like that. i dunno, first issue i suppose, i just hope it gets a lot better.

Toilet humour hardly original but then again hardly the most objectional content ever published.If you are worried about your 11 year old niece reading ( or being made aware of such things ) then I suggest you advise her parents to withdraw her from whichever senior school she is going to go to as she will hear much worse there.

I have had a quick flick through the first issue and it seemed okay to me , nothing special but at 75p its not overpriced.Of the approximately 10 , 14-16 year old lads that have read the copy we have in the shop they have thought it was okay.These are lads that are in local bands and have an interest in the subject matter.Perhaps that is where Banter see themselves moving towards.

I wish Banter all the best , hope it works out for them.

Archived