Fact Or Fiction?

Mission

The A-Team in fact had 5 members..........

Not the girls though as many may suspect.

I would hazard a guess that the 5th member was in fact Frankie Santana, as Amy and Tanya were just journalists who befriended the A team and 'tagged along' with them.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pigs are the only animal that can't swim.

If they tried, they would cut their throats with their trotters and die a bloody, porky, wet death.

(I remember being told this once and have no idea if it's true)

Untrue.

All vertebrates can swim.

S

Untrue .. Bats cannot.

Who mentioned water? They swim through the air.

S

If they tried, they would cut their throats with their trotters and die a bloody, porky, wet death.

Untrue.

S

It is untrue but for the following reason - chimps (and the other great apes) cannot swim as their bodies are too dense to float. Which is why they can be kept on islands with no fences around in places like Chester Zoo.

Untrue.

S

Untrue .. Bats cannot.

Yes they can, I saw them do it on a documentary the other day.

Untrue.

S

It is untrue but for the following reason - chimps (and the other great apes) cannot swim as their bodies are too dense to float. Which is why they can be kept on islands with no fences around in places like Chester Zoo.

They can swim, but choose not to. Would you swim in that moat?

S

Chimps drown very quickly. Source: Desmond Morris - The Naked Ape.

However all the hairs on the human body grow in line with the flow of water over it. Allegedly because of an aquatic stage in our evolution. But then millions of years of evolution also produced Manxman2 so it's a far from perfect methodology.

Chimps drown very quickly. Source: Desmond Morris - The Naked Ape.

However all the hairs on the human body grow in line with the flow of water over it. Allegedly because of an aquatic stage in our evolution. But then millions of years of evolution also produced Manxman2 so it's a far from perfect methodology.

Morris knows very little about chimps.

Jane Goodall, however, knows rather more, and this is what she says:

In general chimpanzees do not like to swim. Chimpanzees have stocky bodies that prevent them from being strong swimmers. Many chimpanzees, however, enjoy splashing around and playing in water.

If my memory serves me correctly, when the Kariba Dam was built, and thousands of animals had to be rescued from islands formed by the rising waters, it was found that all of them could swim, even if not a very long way.

S

Marion Morrison changed HIS name to John Wayne

Shirley Crabrtree changed HIS name to Big Daddy, his dad was called Shirley too and was also a wrestler. Before becoming a wrestler he played rugby for Bradford Northern....you would if you were called Shirley wouldnt you !

Archived