Www.shopiom.com

Declan

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok, a little competition, create a shining example of a directory site and let local businesses put their links on it

it's all too easy to criticise others efforts, don't like this, don't like that colour, don't like that font, and what awful spacing ! all the local companies and x'sperts spout on about what they can do, but let's see the evidence :unsure:

If some very big names use Venda why aren't they complaining ?

I don't think any of us have to prove anything, I know this is a poor effort. Are you going to fund my time to knock-up a design? I'm charged out at £100/hour for design so let me know...

On a different note I'd like to see an initiative like this over here:

"A NEW service designed to revolutionise the way in which Islanders shop online will go live on Tuesday.

From next week, Jersey residents will be able to buy from the websites of major UK stores such as Ikea and Currys and have goods delivered direct to their door by Jersey Post.

Purchased items can be sent to a warehouse in the UK and then delivered by postmen. The scheme will allow major items such as sofas, fridges and flat-screen TVs to be bought from the UK. However, it will also cater for much smaller items such as a pair of shoes."

http://www.thisisjersey.com/2009/08/29/new...onise-shopping/

http://www.ship2me.co.uk

Is this not to accomodate the lack of VAT in Jersey? Not really relevent in the IOM. Though it is annoying that a lot of the major UK stores won't deliver to the Island.

ok, a little competition, create a shining example of a directory site and let local businesses put their links on it

it's all too easy to criticise others efforts, don't like this, don't like that colour, don't like that font, and what awful spacing ! all the local companies and x'sperts spout on about what they can do, but let's see the evidence :unsure:

If some very big names use Venda why aren't they complaining ?

I don't think any of us have to prove anything, I know this is a poor effort. Are you going to fund my time to knock-up a design? I'm charged out at £100/hour for design so let me know...

Ah !, another 'spurt :lol:

so why did you have to go to a training session on how to setup venda ?

£100/hour, beats working for a living :D

I hate to criticise the efforts of the smaller retailers involved but all they appear to have been given is a generic clunky ecommerce template for which they have to pay £49 per month for the privilege of hosting and support?

Surely it would have made a lot more sense to develop a simple bespoke front-end presence for the majority and then invested more time and money in the ecommerce elements for businesses that would see some return and benefit.

I cannot believe that for the 100 or so quoted retailers involved that a local company or companies couldn’t have provided a better bespoke service for 260k and ongoing fees.

Ah !, another 'spurt :lol:

so why did you have to go to a training session on how to setup venda ?

£100/hour, beats working for a living :D

I didn't have a choice we're a preferred Venda partner with the DTI so 3 x 1 hour Webinar sessions from Venda, showing how their system works, more of a courtesy thing really.

£100/hour is my charge out rate, not my wage, like I said.

Archived