Scientology Books.

thebees

Good, Bad, indifferent  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now Hubbard wrote Enron's mission statement, which espouses self-determinism; the belief that Operating Thetans Level VIII have full awareness, memory and ability independent of the physical universe. So how do they achieve this? maybe like this:

Albar the pupil Jeff the Scientology master,

Akbar: Master, am I Enlightened?

Jeff: You have achieved Level 1 of Enlightenment.

Akbar: But I cleaned out my savings account for you.

Jeff: You have achieved Level 2 of Enlightenment.

Akbar: But I borrowed £10,000 from my parents and gave you all the money.

Jeff: You have achieved Level 3 of Enlightenment.

Akbar: But I sold my rare coin collection on E-bay and gave you everything.

Jeff: You have achieved Level 4 of Enlightenment.

Akbar: But I sold my guitar and gave you the money.

Jeff: You have achieved Level 5 of Enlightenment.

Akbar: But I took a night job and I gave you every penny of my pay.

Jeff: You have achieved Level 6 of Enlightenment.

Akbar: But I revised my will, making you my sole beneficiary.

Jeff: You have achieved Level 7 of Enlightenment.

Akbar: How many levels of Enlightenment are there, anyway?

Jeff: The answer to that question is slightly out of your price range.

And just to finish,

What would you get if you cross breed a Borg with a Ferengi?

Answer - a scientologist...

Yet you only chose to become "disturbed" when you realised it was Scientology and not Mormonism.

Is it really so strange to be more disturbed by scientology than mormonism though? Ignore for a moment the question of religion and say that some organization sets up shop on the Island, one that has conducted its business using the 'fair game' policy and has not only indulged in practices such as Operations Freakout and Snow White, but has also been prosecuted by a foreign government (in this case Canada) after 250,000 government files were found in the posession of this organization and has been alledgedly 'grooming' senior police officers in other countries.

Wouldn't this be sufficient cause for concern?

I'm not giving you my real name, after seeing your church drive that guy on Panorama almost crazy, i don't want you knowing anything about me!

Would this be a bad time to point out that all he'd need to do is a WHOIS on the domain you use for email on the address you've posted on this forum in the past?

Looks like i will have to dig out my super soaker then!

Would this be a bad time to point out that all he'd need to do is a WHOIS on the domain you use for email on the address you've posted on this forum in the past?

interesting. and i could do the same to thetanfan right?

People don't realise the real problem - which is that the bulk of us actually worship and listen only to money, and it is money that causes most of the worlds problems and does most to hold back human progress, creativity and even health etc. etc. etc. Humans have generally missed the whole point of what they could actually achieve if they got rid of it IMO.

Albert, you are quite right. I view this pamphlet in a similar way to all the other bits of post we get advertising some product or service whos aim is to get you to part with some of your money, but when we talk about them the foremost objection is usually what a waste of paper they are.

All major religious organisations are also businesses. Scientology is the same, except that i would say that it is primarily a money making venture, and a religion second. Many long established religions make money and recuit followers in a different way, so don't need to proselytise by post, but some newer religions make a lot of use of it.

So why aren't we having this same discussion about the other religious whos leaflets we get in the post? It's because a lot of people think Scientology is somehow dangerous or sinister. It does prey on a certain kind of person who is susceptible to their message (if they are not already members of another religion - cults like scientology are just hoovering up their crumbs) but in character i don't think scientology is much worse than some other religions in terms of the influence it exerts of its followers, and the amount of money it requires them to spend. And in a lot of ways Scientology is really a business, like other religions, and like the companies who send you their brochures.

Really? I kinda think Islam is more dangerous at the moment.

I suppose it is the problem of having specific 'set' questions for the poll, but I do wonder what sort of mentals vote for intervention by an MHK. Bit strange.

I agree that Islam is a far more dangerous religion than this Scientology.

I take greater wonder at the people who voted for some form of 'discouragement'. No one has so far come forward to say what that might entail.

I take greater wonder at the people who voted for some form of 'discouragement'. No one has so far come forward to say what that might entail.

Actually, I did so in stating that I'd prefer to see restrictions on an oganization's ability to use the postal system to distribute its material and disseminate its message en mass.

Other than that just the usual stuff: work camps, book burnings, chasing people around with clubs and so forth.

I've not had any others.

Same here - at least the more conventional God botherers have the guts to come to your door in person to convert you. The Scientologists do it by post and in secret.

Incidentally, if I am signed up to the Mailing Preference Service (and I am) should I be getting junk mail like this delivered by the Post Office?

Archived