Scientology Books.

thebees

Good, Bad, indifferent  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd bin it if I were you, I think it's dangerous. I got one yesterday and having glanced at it I noticed I subconsciously started sculpting a strange mountain shape out of my mashed potato at tea-time. I also noticed a light under the living room door later yesterday evening, and though the girlfriend said I had just left the hall light on, I still didn't take any chances and binned my copy.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have sent a link of this conversation to HQ, i am quite sure they will be most interested to see your attempt to subvert the work of our church.

we already have members in the Isle of Man who are spreading the word on our behalf, of which i am lucky to count myself as one.

as usual, hate mongers are spreading dangerous and malicious lies about us, thier crimes will be exposed in due time, please dont support their actions.

we would be grateful if Lao and thebees would edit their posts, as we are sure they did not intentionally mean to propagate the lies spread about our church.

There's probably a few scientology loons on the Island already. Freedom of speech should come before concerns over them getting a foothold. At least it offers you the ability to 'hit back' and criticise them. Get some practice in with Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses!

I think you should post the scientology stuff to the Jehovah Witnesses centre on the Island.

i have sent a link of this conversation to HQ, i am quite sure they will be most interested to see your attempt to subvert the work of our church.

So you admit that the booklet which claims that it is non-religious and not related to the church of scientology is 'the work of our church'.

we would be grateful if Lao and thebees would edit their posts, as we are sure they did not intentionally mean to propagate the lies spread about our church.

obvious troll is obvious.

i dont for a second believe that you have anything to do with the CoS, but just to be sure i Andrew Lawrence of 19 york road Douglas have this to say about editing my posts.

Fuck you, Fuck Off, and go Fuck yourself. take you pick.

you can leave thebee out of this, it was i who mentioned Lisa Mcpherson.

That's not really what I had in mind when I suggested the people need influencing through education...

This type of post is exactly the sort of thing that fuels them. Troll or not, anyone looking in from the outside sees one side shouting obscenities at another, it's difficult for those observers to side with your point of view because they look at you as a foul mouthed, belligerent jerk.

That's not really what I had in mind when I suggested the people need influencing through education...

This type of post is exactly the sort of thing that fuels them. Troll or not, anyone looking in from the outside sees one side shouting obscenities at another, it's difficult for those observers to side with your point of view because they look at you as a foul mouthed, belligerent jerk.

damn Ans i think that sciatica is making you really grouchy! your taking all the fun out of calling thetanfan on their actual involvement in the CoS.

ok, ok.

let me rephrase my previous reply to you thetanfan, in answer to your request to edit my posts i say.............No. (quite strongly, but not so much as to cause offence.)

should the education be applied before or after the indoctrination?

i suppose it would have to be before really, once they are members of the cult/religion etc trying to force a de-conversion on someone would be looked on with much distaste.

A quick bit of research brings up the following link

Apart from the angle given to the organisation by the Birmingham Mail, there is a reference to "Isle of Man-based Woodview Properties Ltd".

A bit more about this, with a few names and addresses, can be found here

It appears that they have upset Wikipedia too.

Are they afraid to name themselves openly on their mailshot?

Normally I'd agree, but Scientology hardly has a spotless record with regards to showing tolerance of free speech, i.e. its critics, and the fact that it's seen by a number of countries as a legitimate source of concern to warrant legal action, combined with what's documented on its activities towards and treatment of those who speak out against it worry me considerably about them setting up shop on the Island.

It's an interesting point. When I read this thread first, I thought of warnings on cig packets, and wondered if some literature should have similar.

This is turning into a conversation about free speech, and what you are and not allowed to say is a minefield. You're allowed to threaten people with eternal damnation unless they repent, but you're not allowed to do that if it were based on their color or ethnicity. You're allowed to promise to save them spiritually, but you're not allowed to save them financially without the suitable qualifications and disclaimers and a regulatory authority.

All gets a bit mixed up, but my personal opinion is that any of this stuff should be allowed, but our governments should provide adequate information and education to make sure the people reading it are informed and aware of the source of the document.

I'd rather make my own mind up, but I'm also aware there's many vulnerable that can't.

Archived