Scientology Books.

thebees

Good, Bad, indifferent  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

(Note: I am not putting scientology in the same group as religions because I do not consider it to be a religion, nor will I ever consider it to be a religion. You cannot compare religions that have been around for over a thousand years to a cult formed by a deraged science fiction writer in the early 50s You can call it a "new religion" till the cows call to say they're coming home, but in truth, its a money making scam.)
You can compare. One is just older and the other is a racket. But they are certainly religion and their beliefs are equally are ridiculous. Mormonism is considered religion, have you read about how that started?

Christian beliefs are just as potty as well.

I was by no means saying that Christianity and Mormonism are to be believed, they're all full of crap. But the exception I have with scientoloy is that it does NO visible good at all. Sure Christianity might be centred around a jewish zombie and Mormonism might be piss your pants hillarious at times, but at least the local priest will comfort you in times of grief, offer you advice in tough times. A scientologist will just see you and think "KA-CHING!!!" Twisted people with twisted minds do very, very twisted things.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better to have a book pressed through the letterbox, than two eager missionaries stood on your doorstep! I assume they have paid the post office to make the deliveries. My little gem is going straight into the bin, I would rather have a copy of Manx Fairy Tales pushed through my door, please. Slightly more entertaining than L Ron Hubbard's views on life.

I wouldn't stop this kind of thing, as in my book it comes under free speech - even though I think it is complete rollocks. If they are paying the Post Office, at least it'll help keep the price of stamps down for me.

There are 6 billion people in the world, and they say, 1 in 4 will suffer from some sort of mental health problem at least at some point in their lives...a fact which has adequately explained much of the workings of this world to me.

I assumed this was some mormon thing, I didnt even look at it closely enough to notice it was scientology.

The fact that it is disturbs me. It truely does.

Why?

The fact some guy (a sci-fi writer no less) invented a "religion" who himself has been quoted as saying that religion is a quick way to make money, is somewhat disturbing.

1) I dont like being badgered by ANY religions. Keep it to yourself thanks.

2) I believe most of their policies and beliefs are, to put it nicely, wrong, misleading and dangerous.

3) The fact people believe in some stuff a guy made up is worrying.

Those 3 apply to any religion before you ask btw. Not so much 2, theres a lot of things in many religions that are positive, maybe some in Scientology even, just not enough to justify it as being a healthy way to live.

Opinions eh? So fun.

The fact some guy (a sci-fi writer no less) invented a "religion" who himself has been quoted as saying that religion is a quick way to make money, is somewhat disturbing.

Personally, I hope Gene" Roddenberry's version of the future he invented (as a sci-fi writer - Star Trek et al) is the vision that comes true.

People don't realise the real problem - which is that the bulk of us actually worship and listen only to money, and it is money that causes most of the worlds problems and does most to hold back human progress, creativity and even health etc. etc. etc. Humans have generally missed the whole point of what they could actually achieve if they got rid of it IMO.

I hope Gene" Roddenberry's version of the future he invented (as a sci-fi writer - Star Trek et al) is the vision that comes true.

Personally, a small part of me is waiting with glee for Skynet to freak out and fill the world with scary, but awsome robots. Hopefully Christian Bale will be amongst the first to perish in the coming metalocalypse - he'd just ruin it with his stupid Batman voice.

See, when mining such a rich seam of sci-fi visions of humanity's fate for a belief system, why would anyone choose the third rate scribblings of the crevat wearing fat guy who came up with 'Battlefield Earth', featuring such imaginatively named characters as 'Johnny Goodboy Tyler'?

Those 3 apply to any religion before you ask btw. Not so much 2, theres a lot of things in many religions that are positive, maybe some in Scientology even, just not enough to justify it as being a healthy way to live.

Yet you only chose to become "disturbed" when you realised it was Scientology and not Mormonism.

i have sent a link of this conversation to HQ, i am quite sure they will be most interested to see your attempt to subvert the work of our church.

we already have members in the Isle of Man who are spreading the word on our behalf, of which i am lucky to count myself as one.

as usual, hate mongers are spreading dangerous and malicious lies about us, thier crimes will be exposed in due time, please dont support their actions.

we would be grateful if Lao and thebees would edit their posts, as we are sure they did not intentionally mean to propagate the lies spread about our church.

Your "religion" is dangerous. It was created by a deluded science fiction fan who once was quoted as saying "If you want to really make some money, start a religion". His life was an assortment of ludicrous claims and unfounded accreditations. War Hero, Nuclear Physicist, the list goes on and on. None of them were bathed in truth. He was a pathological liar.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/Scien32.html

Your religion claims an astronomical amount of money from it's members, and seeks to only increase the wealth of the higher tier "staff".

If you want to buy into the scientology theories of aliens destroying volcanoes and it's absurd purification rituals, crack on. It's quite possibly the silliest and yet most dangerous thing around.

I'm not giving you my real name, after seeing your church drive that guy on Panorama almost crazy, i don't want you knowing anything about me!

It's quite possibly the silliest and yet most dangerous thing around.
Really? I kinda think Islam is more dangerous at the moment.

I suppose it is the problem of having specific 'set' questions for the poll, but I do wonder what sort of mentals vote for intervention by an MHK. Bit strange.

I'm not giving you my real name, after seeing your church drive that guy on Panorama almost crazy, i don't want you knowing anything about me!

Would this be a bad time to point out that all he'd need to do is a WHOIS on the domain you use for email on the address you've posted on this forum in the past?

Archived