Man Arrested After Weekend Graffiti Outbreak

Albert Tatlock

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It said Zimbabwe, but had the Z back to front!

Ask a white zimbabwean Rhodesian what the backwardness involves? Hey!

If I can remember correctly this means "Going backwards in time at top speed" or as they say rapidly reversing the march of time and heading right back into the worst history has to offer and that the monetary system is now pre-Yappian.

On the plus side, if we do get Independence then perhaps one day, some downtrodden bloke from an oppressed country will graffiti "Isle of Man - 2010" on a country wall somewhere.

We'll get loads of publicity then. (Well it might make Cringles column in a Manx newspaper).

And don't forget that this is how Minister Phil Gawne MHK started out. Look at him now.

Although not so much burning houses these days as burning bridges.

Right or wrong, he's got you lot talking about it. Which was presumably one of the aims.

True, but most of the comments are about what a waste of time and effort this was, that there is no cause behind it and that those responsible are not freedom fighters so much as criminal scum.

I'm impressed with the spelling and historical knowledge; at least we have better educated paint vandals here than in most other places:

post-2251-1263905069_thumb.jpg post-2251-1263905077_thumb.jpg

I quite like the dates of independence graffiti. Even if the message is flawed and some of the examples cited provide a less than compelling argument for independence, at least it shows a bit of thought has gone into it, and isn't some childish attempt to ram its message down everyone's throat (unlike "Mannin Seyr!" style sloganeering).

I certainly think that to describe it as defacing the Island is overreacting a little bit.

Does the color scheme have any significance - the use of white for the country and yellow for the date ?

So far it feels like a teaser.

Simple. One is spraying the country, and one the date. they are not clever enough to do two jobs . :lol:

Archived