Man Arrested After Weekend Graffiti Outbreak

Albert Tatlock

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are discussing the arrest on the Mannin Seyr facebook group - talk about whipping round to pay any fines "from the queens bitchforce."

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&a...id=161968396685

I'd probably take them more seriously if they publicly said it's not the right way forward and announced there were other ways to get their message accross.

They do come accross as a childish 'Tooting Popular Front'.

They are discussing the arrest on the Mannin Seyr facebook group - talk about whipping round to pay any fines "from the queens bitchforce."

I'd probably take them more seriously if they publicly said it's not the right way forward and announced there were other ways to get their message accross.

Reading some of the stuff on Facebook shows that they don't really understand what they want, and have no real concept of the Island's place in the world. It's a group of semi-anonymous no marks bleating about something in a forum which will make no difference to any one (I am aware of the irony of posting this thought on this board, BTW). If you truly believe in independence for the Island, and believe we can truly represent ourselves at the highest level on the world stage, then stand for Tynwald, table legislation, ask questions, actually do something - don't just sit on your fat arse whining on a computer while other, possibly young and impressionable, people jeopardise their future prospects by committing criminal acts for a cause they don't fully understand.

Like most Facebook groups, there will be a sudden surge of interest which will quickly peter out and it'll fade into obscurity again.

But before it disappears, a few people will get into trouble for vandalising the Island and there will be a fair few piss-ups because essentially that's what these Manx Nationalist campaign ususally descend into, one or two Manx people not brave enough to stand up and be counted, some ex-patriot English who have lost touch with their own cultural identity and decided to take on someone elses and a few bored teens sitting in a pub listening to Irish music they think is Manx and drinking. Then they'll argue over something meaningless - like who gets to be chairman - split into two factions and then attack each other until both groups become laughing stocks and disappear. A brief look at recent IoM history shows this is the usual pattern.

the different colours are because the dates were put in the night afterwards... well thats the way it was down south, the wall on the castletown football club has been done

Reading some of the stuff on Facebook shows that they don't really understand what they want, and have no real concept of the Island's place in the world. It's a group of semi-anonymous no marks bleating about something in a forum which will make no difference to any one (I am aware of the irony of posting this thought on this board, BTW). If you truly believe in independence for the Island, and believe we can truly represent ourselves at the highest level on the world stage, then stand for Tynwald, table legislation, ask questions, actually do something - don't just sit on your fat arse whining on a computer while other, possibly young and impressionable, people jeopardise their future prospects by committing criminal acts for a cause they don't fully understand.

Like most Facebook groups, there will be a sudden surge of interest which will quickly peter out and it'll fade into obscurity again.

But before it disappears, a few people will get into trouble for vandalising the Island and there will be a fair few piss-ups because essentially that's what these Manx Nationalist campaign ususally descend into, one or two Manx people not brave enough to stand up and be counted, some ex-patriot English who have lost touch with their own cultural identity and decided to take on someone elses and a few bored teens sitting in a pub listening to Irish music they think is Manx and drinking. Then they'll argue over something meaningless - like who gets to be chairman - split into two factions and then attack each other until both groups become laughing stocks and disappear. A brief look at recent IoM history shows this is the usual pattern.

If one of those foxdale freedom fighters got in to tynwald would we have our very own sinn fein ?

Censorship, are you saying that people who have settled here from another country have no right to discuss the relationship between us and the UK?

Where did i say that? Where did I even come close to giving an opinion on people's rights to discuss anything?

Censorships views a lot of the time can be quite blunt and to the point but also they do tend to be factual and mostly truthful, also they tend to be what a lot don't want to hear but think themselves, I have never yet seen him deny anyone their right to opinions or free speech, whoever they are or wherever they come from.

There is now "Mannin ??" on the wall in St Johns, so I guess the arrest was some what futile.

I imagine they'll be bringing in a graph graff paintologist...different strokes for different folks and all that.

I heard from my man in the pub, that 55 discount-grasping old-fogies were arrested at B&Q at lunchtime - having paint on their hands.

Archived