Roadworks Watch

Silentbob

Ah so now you regard it as ok to disclose a persons personnal information without their permission, typical of a calculator jockey. :rolleyes:

I am not really bothered eother way, but you seem to have been happy to reveal various bits of info about Matt already. Seems to me you should have stayed stum or be prepared to answer basically fairly reasonable questions. Picking and choosing makes it look you are basically bullshitting.

As I have said I have no real interest in what anybody does or does not do. I am though interested to know what job or jobs within the DoT are so complicated that nobody in the IoM is capable of being trained to do that job within a five year period. I am surprised there are any but that is not my area of experise however whilst it is to late for me it might be worth knowing for my kids as presumably such jobs are well renumerated, secure etc and it maybe something they can look at training for if when they are older.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

‘Right’ said Dave, ‘Richmond Hill,

‘Needs some work, so steady as we go’,

Buying the land up, the owner did a stand up,

We was getting nowhere

And so we had a cuppa tea and

‘Right’ said Dave, all of us together,

‘A year of work, if we add 10 weeks delay,

This’ll need a tea urn, the size of fookin Saturn’,

We was getting nowhere

‘Right’ said Dave, ‘have to get the trucks now,

Get the signs, and start to put them out’,

We was strainin', heavin' and complainin'

We was getting nowhere

And so we had a cuppa tea

"Right," said Dave, ‘let’s see the consultant’,

The consultant said we’d 'have to start again’,

Was 3 million, now a fookin billion,

We was getting nowhere

And Davey had a think, and he thought we ought to take off all the tarmac,

And the things wot held the hedge back.

But it did no good, well I never thought it would…

‘All right,’ said Dave, ‘Have to get the drains up,

To get them drains up wouldn't take a mo.’

Took the drains up, even blew the mains up,

Should have got us somewhere but no!

So Dave said, ‘Let's have a cuppa tea.’

And we said, ‘right-o.’

Another bad day for jobs, Onchan Commissioners are getting shut of quite a few.

All Government department have their own finance section, I believe that all the department finances are to be done by one central department with the loss of jobs.

Since I tend to walk or drive past the latest DoT money burning project, I thought a little diary of their escapades was in order.

Each day is taken approx 2pm. All work happens in real time.

Day 1, road closed. DoT worker spotted loitering in the back of trailer. Some evidence of rodent damage to pavement, JCB positioned in order to take credit.

post-712-1265227516_thumb.jpg

Day 2, memo to DoT "Check Brakes on Compressor". Multiple 'huddle' groups of Workers forming, this is expected to increase of coming weeks. JCB now seems to have been completely surrounded by rodent damage to both a section of pavement, and a small amount of wall.

Please note that further transmissions may not be possible to my lack of being arsed.

If you see any comedy actions on these roadworks (just wait for a minute or 2, they are quite common) feel free to carry on from where I got bored.

bob do u work and when u take photos ru on the way to the pub via the dole office

Since I tend to walk or drive past the latest DoT money burning project, I thought a little diary of their escapades was in order.

Day 1, road closed. DoT worker spotted loitering in the back of trailer. Some evidence of rodent damage to pavement, JCB positioned in order to take credit.

Day 2, memo to DoT "Check Brakes on Compressor". Multiple 'huddle' groups of Workers forming, this is expected to increase of coming weeks. JCB now seems to have been completely surrounded by rodent damage to both a section of pavement, and a small amount of wall.

Please note that further transmissions may not be possible to my lack of being arsed.

If you see any comedy actions on these roadworks (just wait for a minute or 2, they are quite common) feel free to carry on from where I got bored.

bob do u work and when u take photos ru on the way to the pub via the dole office

Usually the other way round.

Given Matt's outburst about my rights as a member of the taxpaying public, AND given that he has made these threats after admitting to be a public servant, I decided to call in a favour.

I have managed to secure a location for a camera feed now overlooking the roadworks. But, given that any realtime footage will give its location away (and would be against the company's network security rules), I have instead set it to take a snapshot every 10 minutes, and will make a highlights movie based on working hour pics upon the completion of the works.

So much easier than having to find a parking spot to take a photo every day.

Thank mate, you know who you are ;)

Usually the other way round.

Given Matt's outburst about my rights as a member of the taxpaying public, AND given that he has made these threats after admitting to be a public servant, I decided to call in a favour.

I have managed to secure a location for a camera feed now overlooking the roadworks. But, given that any realtime footage will give its location away (and would be against the company's network security rules), I have instead set it to take a snapshot every 10 minutes, and will make a highlights movie based on working hour pics upon the completion of the works.

So much easier than having to find a parking spot to take a photo every day.

Thank mate, you know who you are ;)

ha ha LMFAO,

i bet you find the road works will be completed in record time now as the lads will be told there being watched by some secret cam,

hay if they do you could get a job with the DOT BOB

I am though interested to know what job or jobs within the DoT are so complicated that nobody in the IoM is capable of being trained to do that job within a five year period. I am surprised there are any but that is not my area of experise however whilst it is to late for me it might be worth knowing for my kids as presumably such jobs are well renumerated, secure etc and it maybe something they can look at training for if when they are older.

Especially when Matt comes over as a bit thick without an ounce of common sense when he approaches a keyboard to post on here. IMO of course.

I can bet if you went round to a lot of private sector work places and took photographs it would show they are now hard at work all the time and I am sure they would object, so in the same light why should people who work outdoors not object to people doing the same.

Lazy private sector workers, outside or inside are the responsibility of whomever pays their wages. As are the DOT.

SilentBob, are you aware that taking photographs of people and publishing them for public viewing without their consent is an offence? And are you aware that people like you are the kind of idiot that bring about a totallitarian government with your snooping and spying, imagine a world where everyone was like you snooping and spying on everyone, if that's your idea of utopia then I hope I make it to hell, and yes I am employed by the Department of Transport and if you ever publish a photo of me I will indeed prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law.

Isn't that a photo of you on the left ?

i'm all ready putting him on gay sites . lmao .

After some negotiations with our delightful mod team, I am happy for this thread to be back.

Photo 2 has now changed, see if you can spot the subtle changes ;)

(and for the whistle blower. I am still amassing hundreds of timestamped photos of this site via previously mentioned means. You continue as an organization to squander our money, I will continue to point it out)

SilentBob, are you aware that taking photographs of people and publishing them for public viewing without their consent is an offence? And are you aware that people like you are the kind of idiot that bring about a totallitarian government with your snooping and spying, imagine a world where everyone was like you snooping and spying on everyone, if that's your idea of utopia then I hope I make it to hell, and yes I am employed by the Department of Transport and if you ever publish a photo of me I will indeed prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law.

if you ever publish a photo of me I will indeed prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law?

mr 'Matt Bawden' are you in the 2nd photo????

re photo 2 (mk2), that's art that is.

"Muppets looking at road", I'm sure its to be followed by "Muppets leaning on shovel" & "Muppets drinking tea".

One has even heard rumours of an elusive 4th work of art, "Muppets doing manual labour" but then again that ones probably just a fairy tale like the Easter bunny or Jesus.

After some negotiations with our delightful mod team, I am happy for this thread to be back.

Photo 2 has now changed, see if you can spot the subtle changes ;)

(and for the whistle blower. I am still amassing hundreds of timestamped photos of this site via previously mentioned means. You continue as an organization to squander our money, I will continue to point it out)

ha ha he diden did he.

he must be really worried about his pic getting used.

maybe we could have a wheres matt pic.

like the old wheres wally books :D

Archived