Is This The New Occupier Of Woolworths Building?

ramseyrocks

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish I'd never posted (!)

I have that effect on people. Anyway, I'm not so much saying that X is better than Y, more that I think it is and sometimes have the impulse to set fire to things I don't like (and have to excuse such impulses with wonky reasoning). And even then I'm only doing so because of a pesky court order that demands I give people adequate warning of my intentions. So should such a place open up, do enjoy it, but at least try to get a table next to the exit, a window, or at least a fire extinguisher.

Sports Direct have an advert on job centre site for 50+ vacancies, maybe they need that many staff for a large store, can only think of the old woolies building!

Just seen this about new super store at the former Woolies..

WOOLIES

Wouldn't be suprised if they lumped some of their other stores in their too eventually. Another knock for Strand Shopping Centre. With Stead & Simpson having moved out - perfect opportunity to expand HMV in there!!

perfect opportunity to expand HMV in there!!

HMV stores have no long term future. They will go the same way as the Virgin stores within a very few years.

Dunno about that - they've pretty much got the highstreet to themselves now and the highstreet will be around for a long time. Even if expansion wasn't viable for the long term, they only rent and given the footfall in there, they could easily make their money back on the rent.

they've pretty much got the highstreet to themselves now and the highstreet will be around for a long time.

Nobody is going to be buying plastic discs. In order to survive they would have to find a new business.

yep buying things on disks is a thing of tha past in a few years time,

like look at the amount of music done online,

games and films are catching them up,

wont be long till there is no real market for the likes of HMV

Wouldn't be suprised if they lumped some of their other stores in their too eventually. Another knock for Strand Shopping Centre. With Stead & Simpson having moved out - perfect opportunity to expand HMV in there!!

I agree, from past experience in doing work for them the Arcadia group do tend to try to get all their stores in one large location rather than spread them.

they've pretty much got the highstreet to themselves now and the highstreet will be around for a long time.

Nobody is going to be buying plastic discs. In order to survive they would have to find a new business.

I will be, and I know plenty of others that will be. Digital Distribution is only good for the distributor.

Archived