Tt/mgp Fatalities

ThankU

I dont know how many times Ive heard that the TT is the most dangerous activity on the Planet, but after just watch a program on BBC I fear not. Last year in Thailand 282 British Tourist lost their lives, and at the Famous Full moon party 8 Brits were killed. These figures are for British Tourist only and stated by the BBC to be the official figures. TT must be just a walk in the Park.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rate - you need to compare fatality rates. Thailand had 763,668 visitors in 2007. How many people raced in the TT?

I suspect you'll find Thailand isn't that dangerous.

20000 at the Full Moon party and 8 Brits killed, what about the other nationalities. And 8 was the average pa

Imagine racing a motorbike across the beach during a full moon party, that would have to be some sort of super extreme sport.

ThankU - I assume you're talking about that Stacey Dooley thing on BBC3. Did you actually manage to watch all of it? She is simply awful, amusing bad.

Imagine racing a motorbike across the beach during a full moon party, that would have to be some sort of super extreme sport.

ThankU - I assume you're talking about that Stacey Dooley thing on BBC3. Did you actually manage to watch all of it? She is simply awful, amusing bad.

Yes watched it, even the pictures of the dead bodies on the beach, Cant see it stopping visitors going to Thailand same could be said for the TT.

Stats

http://phuketwan.com/tourism/thailand-risky-drugs-booze-bikes-brits-warned-12730/

50% of people have below-average intelligence... such is the nature of statistics!

What percentage of smokers die prematurely as a result of their habit?

What percentage of obese people die early due to their habits?

Alcohol too!

....So what percentage of motorcyclists die as a result of their hobby? Probably less than the smokers, over a lifetime...

Should we then stop people joining the army? Or smoking or drinking? Or racing motorcycles etc?

You can argue anything with statistics. The fact is 90% of the media hype about the dangers of the TT is BS written by people who don't have the first idea of what it's all about. It's just they haven't anything better to write about.

Lol blind to your own hipocrisy.

Let me have a shot at explaining it...

Racers take part in a State sponsored race on race bikes on non-race roads. The idea is to get around the track (alive) as fast as possible. Proportionally you have more chance of surviving a 6 month tour in Iraq or Afghanistan, but at least you will paid a shit load more than a soldier. Thousands (less and less each year) of tourists come here every year to reveal in the (bloodsports) activities. They stay in over priced hotels eating over priced burgers from vans that pop up on ever street corner around Douglas. The roads become a lottery of survival as motorbike riders (of all nationalitys) take to the streets to show how leet and awesome they are to the other riders (although not being good enough to take part in the TT itself) causing accidents and near accidents every day during the TT period.

The TT as a sport (although not part of the Grand Prix World Championship due to safety reasons) is in the top 10 most dangerous sports in the world (3rd according to this site http://www.toptenz.net/top-ten-most-dangerous-auto-races.php).

231 deaths in races plus god knows how many non race fatalities and rising every year. But apparently its entertainment so its ok. They said that about the gladiator events in Rome at the time.

50% of people have below-average intelligence... such is the nature of statistics!

What percentage of smokers die prematurely as a result of their habit?

What percentage of obese people die early due to their habits?

Alcohol too!

....So what percentage of motorcyclists die as a result of their hobby? Probably less than the smokers, over a lifetime...

Should we then stop people joining the army? Or smoking or drinking? Or racing motorcycles etc?

Ah yes but in what numbers are you comparing? I would bet my right bollock that there are more smokers in the world than motorcyclists.

And when you say hobby do you mean road racing on open roads for money or do you mean dusting the old bike off on a sunny sunday for a bimbly over the mountain?

Archived