Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

On 4/18/2024 at 11:55 AM, swoopy2110 said:

Steam Packet - Zero loyalty scheme of any kind that would encourage me to want to sit on the boat for a few hours when I can fly to Liverpool in 20 minutes (for a cheaper cost on Easyjet)

Yes, I thought about that awhile ago when I first went on the MXM. It's the biggest boat passenger-wise that IOMSPCo has had built and it would be a shame for it not to be used more outside of TT etc. and a loyalty scheme would probably help achieve that.

40 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Yes, I thought about that awhile ago when I first went on the MXM. It's the biggest boat passenger-wise that IOMSPCo has had built and it would be a shame for it not to be used more outside of TT etc. and a loyalty scheme would probably help achieve that.

It wasn't all that long ago that you got every fifth sailing free.

58 minutes ago, finlo said:

It wasn't all that long ago that you got every fifth sailing free.

It wasn't that simple. After you had bought 5 tickets, they'd total the payments, divide the figure by 5, and give you that amount against the 6th sailing.

When they did away with it, probably because they'd made it far too complicated, they were, in effect, imposing a 20% increase on loyal customers.

2 hours ago, monasqueen said:

It wasn't that simple. After you had bought 5 tickets, they'd total the payments, divide the figure by 5, and give you that amount against the 6th sailing.

When they did away with it, probably because they'd made it far too complicated, they were, in effect, imposing a 20% increase on loyal customers.

They don't have "loyal" customers.  They just have customers as there is no choice. They have the monopoly. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I’m on my 11th Manxman crossing.

Crew are starting to fully get the hang of loading for passenger convenience.

Up until today I’ve been parked at the red or green stairwells. Long haul to the Exec lounge. Today the blue stairs. End up at exec club entrance.

Not back until practice week. Return fare just over £300. My BF leg, Portsmouth to Bilbao and return, 65 hours at sea, 3 nights in cabin and all my food and drink in Commodore Club lounge is £1100

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Up until today I’ve been parked at the red or green stairwells. Long haul to the Exec lounge. Today the blue stairs. End up at exec club entrance.

Not back until practice week. Return fare just over £300. My BF leg, Portsmouth to Bilbao and return, 65 hours at sea, 3 nights in cabin and all my food and drink in Commodore Club lounge is £1100

Did you see the sign about not starting vehicle engines? 😄😄

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

The commodore lounge is great. Mrs HD though insists on dinner in the restaurant as well!

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Did you see the sign about not starting vehicle engines? 😄😄

Yep. Specifically checked, for you. If I remember on the way down I’ll take a pic.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Yep. Specifically checked, for you. If I remember on the way down I’ll take a pic.

I have a pic. The sign is low down on the left hand side at the bottom of the stairwell. It's not highly visible whether you come out of the lift and turn left or down the stairs and turn right. It does say don't start your engines. Right at the bottom just above the skirting board.

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

The commodore lounge is great. Mrs HD though insists on dinner in the restaurant as well!

Yes, breakfast, elevenses, lunch, tea and cake, high tea, dinner, supper and breakfast on the run down. Plus unlimited tea, coffee, soft drinks and wine ( of sorts ) with lunch & dinner.

on the way back it’s afternoon tea, dinner, supper, breakfast, elevenses, lunch, tea & cake, high tea, dinner.

Today the connection  works well. I can eat in Portsmouth before embarkation. Return journey arrives 8pm so not enough time to make 02.15 from Heysham. Immigration and customs is very variable.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Checked the pic. My memory is crap. It is on the left and is small but it's just above the handrail. It's not noticed unless you specifically look to the left.

Edited by Happier diner

22 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Checked the pic. My memory is crap. It is on the left and is small but it's just above the handrail. It's not noticed unless you specifically look to the left.

Might have shot yourself in the foot with that video, HD.   That’s much more visible than your previous descriptions have suggested.   Also not down at the skirting board.   And part of a sign that includes all the other car deck warnings and instructions.   Where better?

In fact - where do you think it should be?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Might have shot yourself in the foot with that video, HD.   That’s much more visible than your previous descriptions have suggested.   Also not down at the skirting board.   And part of a sign that includes all the other car deck warnings and instructions.   Where better?

In fact - where do you think it should be?

I already conceded about the skirting board if you read the thread. My foot is still in perfect health.

It should be on the door onto the car deck. That way you would actually see it and possibly notice it and you never know, people might actually take notice of it..

17 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

It should be on the door onto the car deck. That way you would actually see it and possibly notice it and you never know, people might actually take notice of it..

Trouble is, once there’s a queue of people waiting to go down, and the door is pushed open - it stays open (in a kinda “hand to hand” fashion) - so there’s a risk that no-one will look at the sign…

…and I know you conceded the skirting board issue, or rather, you stated where it actually was.

Edited by Jarndyce
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I already conceded about the skirting board if you read the thread. My foot is still in perfect health.

Do you not look around for advisory and warning notices?