Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

She's making slow progress down to Falmouth, currently off the Pembrokeshire coast. I'll pop round at the end of the week and grab some photos of her in dry dock, only ~5 miles from here.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

She's making slow progress down to Falmouth, currently off the Pembrokeshire coast. I'll pop round at the end of the week and grab some photos of her in dry dock, only ~5 miles from here.

Booked on end September, hopefully back by then 

41 minutes ago, finlo said:

Opens up possibilities of new destinations!

Not for me it doesn't - even under full steam it's 22 hours from Falmouth to Douglas. 22 hours slitting my wrists on the Ben - no.thank.you!

4 hours ago, finlo said:

Opens up possibilities of new destinations!

Steam Packet Cruises. The Ben has cabins, first class lounge, a bar and cafeteria/restaurant, along with a shop. All the facilities that cruise ships have. I’m sure the Steam Packet could also replicate the cost factor as well, down market cruises at over inflated prices.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

She'll probably be at anchor now until allowed into the dock. As you see from the map this is one the busiest stretches of water in the world.

Indeed she is, waiting to enter Falmouth this morning.