Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Amadeus

Why does everyone suddenly start talking about food when there's a ferry missing?

Mann does not live with food alone.

How many local producers are there of clothes, electrical goods, etc...etc...? A lot of shops will have been relying on imported goods to sell on as Christmas gifts. Alright, there will now be better stocks of non-edible goods in the January sales, but local shops will have been suffering.

Stuff the chicken.

Why does everyone suddenly start talking about food when there's a ferry missing?

Mann does not live with food alone.

How many local producers are there of clothes, electrical goods, etc...etc...? A lot of shops will have been relying on imported goods to sell on as Christmas gifts. Alright, there will now be better stocks of non-edible goods in the January sales, but local shops will have been suffering.

Stuff the chicken.

Perhaps because it's possible to do without a replacement TV for a week if the boat doesn't go, and carry on using your current outfits. My understanding is that we've got about a week's food on the shelves, and if we had 7 days without a sailing the UN would have to start dropping food parcels.

Just ignore what I said, it was not aimed at people who just wish to argue the point.......snip.......

By 'argue the point', do you mean someone pointing out that you were wrong?

Who was your post aimed at? People who didn't know any better?

No, people who should know better.

Just ignore what I said, it was not aimed at people who just wish to argue the point.......snip.......

And, in what way was I wrong ?

And, in what way was I wrong ?

Buying local all year will not work, the island does not produce enough food to do so for a balanced diet.

Your idea of an island like the darling buds of May never existed, it was financed by the mass tourist industry in the post war years.