The No Naming Rule In Our T&c's

My twopenneth, Gladys, is that as I chose the option to be anonymous when I signed up, I would wish my choice of anonymity to be respected after my death.

As you haven't even been afforded the decency of a reply to this let me just tell you your wish is irrelevant. After you die your anonymity ceases to be protected. You should bear that in mind when posting on Manx Forums. I know I will.

To be fair, if ONE poster had reason to worry about their past posts, it is you, in all your characters.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My twopenneth, Gladys, is that as I chose the option to be anonymous when I signed up, I would wish my choice of anonymity to be respected after my death.

As you haven't even been afforded the decency of a reply to this let me just tell you your wish is irrelevant. After you die your anonymity ceases to be protected. You should bear that in mind when posting on Manx Forums. I know I will.

What reply were you expecting?

There is an interesting conundrum, though. If an anonymous poster dies, how do we know they are dead?

Some time ago, a popular and intelligent poster stopped posting, and during a conversation with a poster I know irl, they said they knew who this member was and that they had died. It was very sad, I thought, that such a popular poster should die, yet their popular contribution would remain unknown to their nearest and dearest and we on MF couldn't mark our respects.

Then, the said demised poster recommenced posting, much to everyone's delight and entertainment. I never found out what the reasons were for the hiatus, other than just wanting a break. But, one thing I do know is that they were not the person reported to me.

There was a lot of speculation that Mr Sausages had died when there was a long gap in posting. someone knew someone irl who used that moniker and he'd passed away, hence the confusion.

Happily Mr Sausages returned - so clearly he wasn't the person he had been assumed to be.

This may have nothing to do with the situation Gladys was referring to, but it also highlights the dilemma. Someone could easily put up a thread RIP XYZ aka Mr Sausages- that was a genuine moniker he used, but he wasn't our Mr Sausages and we would have been none the wiser if Mr S hadn't returned.

makes sense when you put it that way china... and sort of reinforces the point about not naming someone even after their death (or otherwise)

im happy enough to be named on here after mine, would be a nice legacy, something for the great grandchildren to read and get an understanding of their ancestor, though i would be much obliged if one of the mods would remove the few utterances of cunt i've occasionally thrown about the place. thanks

was mr sausages involved in the other mr sausages death in some way? was it ever fully investigated

This in mind I think I should have picked a more obscure name.

There was a lot of speculation that Mr Sausages had died when there was a long gap in posting. someone knew someone irl who used that moniker and he'd passed away, hence the confusion.

Happily Mr Sausages returned - so clearly he wasn't the person he had been assumed to be.

This may have nothing to do with the situation Gladys was referring to, but it also highlights the dilemma. Someone could easily put up a thread RIP XYZ aka Mr Sausages- that was a genuine moniker he used, but he wasn't our Mr Sausages and we would have been none the wiser if Mr S hadn't returned.

But, everyone but the noobs knows who Mr Sausages is and that if he died it would make the papers.

But, everyone but the noobs knows who Mr Sausages is and that if he died it would make the papers.

Do they ?

I don't.

Archived