The No Naming Rule In Our T&c's

Subject to correction by our legal eagle, sadly, once a member is deceased they can no longer be a member so I do not see posting the initials was a breach. As I say, I may be corrected on that and will happily take the advice.

What was more of concern in that thread was several members using it to play out some schoolyard bickering and, quite extreme, name calling. Regardless of whether or not the identity of the deceased member was revealed, the posts in that thread were distasteful and were a particularly sad reflection of some posters' narcissism against a mark of respect to a fellow member who had died in tragic circumstances.

Now MTP wants to perpetuate the argument in another thread rather than just let it lie; speaks volumes,

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My twopenneth, Gladys, is that as I chose the option to be anonymous when I signed up, I would wish my choice of anonymity to be respected after my death.

The bickering on the other thread is deeply unpleasant though, I agree.

How do you leave the forums, Rhumsaa, other than stop posting? There is no process for terminating your membership, as I can see, so the rule still applies. Same for a banned member, I believe.

can you not delete your username?

• 2 weeks later...

My twopenneth, Gladys, is that as I chose the option to be anonymous when I signed up, I would wish my choice of anonymity to be respected after my death.

As you haven't even been afforded the decency of a reply to this let me just tell you your wish is irrelevant. After you die your anonymity ceases to be protected. You should bear that in mind when posting on Manx Forums. I know I will.

Archived