Pinewood...more Govt Propaganda

Albert Tatlock

You know its not that simple. It's not just about shares it's about the whole investment fund, management fees and general overall loss of money.

Coming up on red once doesn't discount the 55 times we lost on black.

Edited by Albert Tatlock
  • Like 1

Surely the basic fact is that we've put £50m into a film operation. We've managed to get £2.5m back. Er, that leaves us currently looking at finding £47.5m just to get back to where we started. How much of that £47.5m have we actually made back out of films?

• Like 2

You know its not that simple. It's not just about shares it's about the whole investment fund, management fees and general overall loss of money.

Coming up on red once doesn't discount the 55 times we lost on black.

I didn't claim otherwise. In fact I've said multiple times in this thread that the issue is far more complex than 'we have invested x and received y', there's business development, economic stimulation, vat shenanigans and all sorts wrapped into this. But specifically on the pinewood shares, reducing our holding and earning from it is surely positive news? How is that wrong?

You know its not that simple. It's not just about shares it's about the whole investment fund, management fees and general overall loss of money.Coming up on red once doesn't discount the 55 times we lost on black.

I didn't claim otherwise. In fact I've said multiple times in this thread that the issue is far more complex than 'we have invested x and received y', there's business development, economic stimulation, vat shenanigans and all sorts wrapped into this. But specifically on the pinewood shares, reducing our holding and earning from it is surely positive news? How is that wrong?
post-2251-0-73177300-1427829249.gif
  • Like 3

It's very possible that I'm being a bit thick but can someone explain the figure from this article http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/business/manx-government-sells-pinewood-shares-at-a-profit-1-7185485

It says "The sale, yielding a total return of £7.6m, cuts the Manx government holding in the film studios from 9.9 per cent to 4.99 per cent but it still holds shares valued at around £10.7m." but if it has sold half for £7.6m how can the remaining half be worth £10.7m?

It's very possible that I'm being a bit thick but can someone explain the figure from this article http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/business/manx-government-sells-pinewood-shares-at-a-profit-1-7185485

It says "The sale, yielding a total return of £7.6m, cuts the Manx government holding in the film studios from 9.9 per cent to 4.99 per cent but it still holds shares valued at around £10.7m." but if it has sold half for £7.6m how can the remaining half be worth £10.7m?

Even the fookin magic circle can't work that one out mate...

post-2251-0-93978300-1427829718.jpg

That'll be Eddie's Pinewood Random Number Generator again then....

I honestly think that this Govt. is squandering money in an effort to get rid of VAT evidence..it's got to be the only explanation

Even the fookin magic circle can't work that one out mate...

I wouldn't hire you in business development albert. It's quite simple, they owned nearly 5 thousand shares, but have sold just over 2 thousand. They didn't sell half the shares, the holding is adjusted by the new issue plus the share sale.

Carry on and bleat and complain though, everything is shit in albert land.

Surely the basic fact is that we've put £50m into a film operation. We've managed to get £2.5m back. Er, that leaves us currently looking at finding £47.5m just to get back to where we started. How much of that £47.5m have we actually made back out of films?

I thought it was £24 million that was put into Pinewood shares. Now we've got about £10 million invested.