More Great Publicity For The Island....

thebees

I am glad to see that most people on here are sensible and can see that sexual orientation has nothing at all to do with being a good tenant! Let us not forget, however, that the UK has also had similar cases (the B&B was the main one) so we are not alone in having small minded idiots.

Manannan - What reason would you have for not wanting to rent a property to "those two"? Do they scare you? whatever.gif

No. They disgust me.

And that is my opinion - shared by the landlord.

Their house, their rules, their choice.

These faggots should not be forcing legislation on anyone, telling them what to do with their personal property.

This sort of unfortunate attitude usually only persists within an individual until that person finds him or herself at the other end of discrimination, when you yourself are being ill treated. Then you will be the first to jump up and ask for help. Live and let live.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely the landlord and anyone else who is anti-gay is entitled to their opinion, and entitled to steer clear of any dealings with gays and lesbians.

They increasingly insist on normal members of society accepting them openly. That will never happen.

Why not just stay in the cupboard like years ago?

Oh, and just while I notice it: Can we cut out the hate speech, quick time? Not on. Not one little bit.

A gentle reminder of the T&Cs every poster signed up to:

2. No obscenities, no defamation, no tasteless or otherwise unpleasant or injurious posts and no posts which break either the civil or criminal law are allowed.

4. All posts are the responsibility of the poster. That means you. Think before you post. It may have serious consequences for you and Manxforums.com

A paedophile is comparable to two people and in a loving same sex relationship??

No. Why do you think that? Paedophiles want sex with children. Gay couples want sex with people of the same sex. Some people feel revulsion for the latter group (gays) just as most of us do for the former (Paedophiles). There is a comparability between the groups of people with the revulsion though. They can't do much about their feelings just as the paedos and gays can't do much about the types of people they find sexually attractive - although both groups could, and in the case of the paedos definately should, abstain from fulfilling their desires.

Oh, and just while I notice it: Can we cut out the hate speech, quick time? Not on. Not one little bit.

2. No obscenities, no defamation, no tasteless or otherwise unpleasant or injurious posts and no posts which break either the civil or criminal law are allowed.

4. All posts are the responsibility of the poster. That means you. Think before you post. It may have serious consequences for you and Manxforums.com

+1thumbsup.gif

Surely the landlord and anyone else who is anti-gay is entitled to their opinion, and entitled to steer clear of any dealings with gays and lesbians.

They increasingly insist on normal members of society accepting them openly. That will never happen.

And what exactly is the definition of normal members of society ?

Don't be silly, you know exactly what I mean

Don't be silly, you know exactly what I mean

If I knew even half of what you mean then I wouldn't have bothered asking for further detail.

Yup.

I am amazed there are so many bigots still around. I just don't get it. Why are people so anti gay?

And why has the Island not passed laws to allow same sex marriage yet? It should be easy enough to do.

Not abnormal members of society?

You mean like bigoted narrow minded fuckers who openly promote hatred towards minority groups.

That would fit my description of abnormal.

In a civilised and educated society are we not supposed to tolerate people's intolerances?

Surely all that is being discussed on this gorum from every angle is an intolerance of other people's intolerances.

Gorum..... Isn't he a god of war, or summat?

(That's a very 'lateral' post, Matt.)

+1thumbsup.gif

Did you read point 2 before adding the thumbs up just ahead of your profanities?

Archived