DED get extra 2 million for six new staff

asitis

From MR :Extra £2m for DED to target growth opportunities

Please add links, there are enough threads that start with 'random' statements.

sorry I was too incredulous to take my time !

Shimmin is one of the main movers behind increases in everything the government touch ! Hope Brian Johnson manages to prevent him from trashing the aircraft registry !!!!!

This may be symptomatic of the way that the PE Teacher operates. Brian Johnson left the aircraft registry and joined Appleby. His main job has been to set up a new registry in the Channel Islands! His replacement in goverment was Hartley Elder, who stuck it out for a few years before finding himself unable to work with tossers like Corlett and the PE teacher, so left. What does the PE Teacher do then? Hires Johnson back again - presumably via Appleby - at mega-bucks yet to be disclosed.

These other jobs, according to the skeet on the street, have all been posts where the PE Teacher has got rid of people like Nick Boon and Tim Craine (civil servants), and after a discreet wait he rehires consultant types on a hefty wodge more.

The behaviour and economics of the mad house, aka DED.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just fail to understand how Shimmin does not see the irony of this announcement at a time when everything government touch is being increased and the taxpayer is even being taxed to take a dump !

At least they could have announced it was a re deployment of staff even if that was an untruth it would have looked better ! and I'm sure eddie could lose 2 million in the books !!

Not even bright enough to see how this looks

He's fed up, doesn't give a fuck anymore as he's already qualified for his armour plated pension, & anyway he's not having that fecker Robertshaw telling him what to do so youse can all feck off the lot of you, c***s

Takes deep breath, thinks 'I'll head down the Woody'

So a couple of months after the budget was discussed and voted on one department can ask for an extra £2 million and get it.

If DED stopped producing all those shiny brochures that nobody reads they could have saved themselves loads of money.

The marketing budget for DED is already £3 million.

They also have access to £16.1 million Economic Development Fund and £5.8 million Marketing Initiatives Fund in Treasury.

I'd like to see some breakdown of how they are spending all that money before giving them any more.

So a couple of months after the budget was discussed and voted on one department can ask for an extra £2 million and get it.

If DED stopped producing all those shiny brochures that nobody reads they could have saved themselves loads of money.

They also have access to £16.1 million Economic Development Fund and £5.8 million Marketing Initiatives Fund in Treasury.

I'd like to see some breakdown of how they are spending all that money before giving them any more.

Didn't the cash for the Sefton come from here ?

To quote Mr Shimmin "Every extra pound spent by his department produces three to the government" It does make you wonder how the IoM Govt are having such trouble balancing the books as every time Govt spending is announced or questioned the same justification is used. This expenditure produces X times to the economy, or there is the mythical multiplier effect. If all this expenditure was producing this return to the Govt it should be simple to balance the books!

You also wonder why if every extra pound produces three to the government" the departments budget and spending has been cut in recent years as presumably every cut in such spending would have resulted in a bigger cut in government income.

Either Mr Shimmin is telling porkies or Mr Teare's budget cuts worsened the financial position of the Govt. Maybe Mr Robertshaw will have to start all vetting all press releases so that department do not contradict each other now we have no Silos

This money and extra staff, will drive the Islands businesses forward, question? "To where?, is this a subsidy?, and what businesses are involved?, is this another load of Seftons getting a helping hand.

It amazes me just where Eddie gets the money from, since 2008 we have had this austerity reason thrown at us with cuts left right and centre, with the cry of we have lost £300million and can't afford XYZ, yet the magic happens and money seems to appear from Eddies magicians hat when it's for certain companies or people.

From their own booklet The isle of Man Where You Can-

'The department is currently implementing staff savings worth £300,000 annually which will be utilised to fund additional business development resources in key sectors....

This will boost efforts to grow the economy within existing budgets.'

Mr Shimmin only said " I am confident that every £1 spent, will generate at least £3 for the taxpayer"

In that case we can obviously scrap the toilet tax. Or am I right in thinking that the taxpayer won't see the slightest reduction in his/her taxes?

Shimmin shouldn't even be in the job. He has no relevant business experience.

He's clutching at straws, the MEF proposal is a classic example.

Shimmin only the public face of the department.

It's the Chief Executive who really calls the shots. What is his relevant business experience?

Well, you won't because if they explain what they're doing to ordinary people who actually pay for stuff, our competitors will steal our secrets, immediately emulate our strategy, and drive the island into misery & recession

You might think that is happening already but you're wrong you know, just wrong

Archived