DED get extra 2 million for six new staff

asitis

Mr Shimmin only said " I am confident that every £1 spent, will generate at least £3 for the taxpayer"

In that case we can obviously scrap the toilet tax. Or am I right in thinking that the taxpayer won't see the slightest reduction in his/her taxes?

Well, that is so true - they 'had' to introduce the toilet tax as a stealth tax to balance the budget

Then they give the same amount to Shimbo to do with what he will

Ergo, we're soon going to need another stealth tax

CM is going off his trolley (or is this another indication he's just given up?)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shimmin shouldn't even be in the job. He has no relevant business experience.

He's clutching at straws, the MEF proposal is a classic example.

Shimmin only the public face of the department.

It's the Chief Executive who really calls the shots. What is his relevant business experience?

+1

Like Anderson and David Killip up at Nobles. Another shambles there also, another expensive Inquiry, more journalists 'turning a blind eye'.

Anderson was a farmer and Killip something at E-Gaming.

Salaries of near £1/5 million anually between then; plus the ubiquitus pension rights. The CS pension fund is currently being abused as a form of redundancy payment.

Pathetic really when you think about it.

TBT.

I find the Manx Radio site header incredible, they are apparently going to be marketing the island FFS what have they been doing !

This is the old adage that the management you need during good times and austerity are two different sets of people and those who can manage whilst money is pouring out their ears do not have the talent of those managing an organisation which is finely balanced financially !

Shimmin shouldn't even be in the job. He has no relevant business experience.

He's clutching at straws, the MEF proposal is a classic example.

................and is likely to be the next Chief Minister!

WHAAAAAT !!!!!!!!! We most definitely will be doomed.

I find the Manx Radio site header incredible, they are apparently going to be marketing the island FFS what have they been doing !

This is the old adage that the management you need during good times and austerity are two different sets of people and those who can manage whilst money is pouring out their ears do not have the talent of those managing an organisation which is finely balanced financially !

The latest research shows most of the island's visitors still come from the North West of England. So over the years the advertising can't have been good because people still don't know where the IOM is.

The latest research shows most of the island's visitors still come from the North West of England. So over the years the advertising can't have been good because people still don't know where the IOM is.

That's actually a damning indictment of the UK education system and its teaching of geography.

Salary £333,333.33 each?

Hardly. When you factor in all the bennies, pension etc the total employee cost could be as much as 3 x salary. Say it's a factor of x 2 that's still about £160k.

I smell a bunch of consultants who will produce a very expensive report full of obvious generalities. Then little will happen as the ideas people will leave it to DED to "make it work" - laughable!

I had the misfortune several years ago to witness how the DED throws money at failed publicity attempts.

If anything, their unbelievably amateurish presence in a very professional marketing environment succeeded in killing off any idea of visiting IOM that any of the tens of thousands attending the event might have had.

So these 6 jobs are in connection with Vision 2020-attracting rich residents, making links with the North West of England, Scotland

and Ireland, marketing the island internationally, finding new business in China and the Middle East and boosting visitor numbers

and spend.

So maybe it will be possible to measure whether they are effective at their jobs.

Anybody fancy hobnobbing with the HNWs???????????Monte Carlo and all that

Archived