Majority of drink driving arrests are locals

The Sick Moon

I thought most crime on the Island was blamed on scousers?

I'm not here to apportion blame, just to nip any shit racist jokes about Manx people in the bud before they're made. I have no idea why anyone would blame Scousers, as my interactions with Scousers does not lead me to believe they're criminals. Quite the contrary, they tend to be very nice people.

Of course, I'm talking of generalisations and stereotyping, which is not a good thing but has to be accepted does frequently happen. The point I was making was that when I lived on the Island the main accusation of criminal activity was aimed at Scousers. I'm not saying its right but that my own experience. For the record I've no beef with Scousers, Manx, Comeovers, Englanders, Martians, etc. I prefer to take people at face value as individuals, I don't care where someone comes from.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought most crime on the Island was blamed on scousers?

I'm not here to apportion blame, just to nip any shit racist jokes about Manx people in the bud before they're made. I have no idea why anyone would blame Scousers, as my interactions with Scousers does not lead me to believe they're criminals. Quite the contrary, they tend to be very nice people.

Of course, I'm talking of generalisations and stereotyping, which is not a good thing but has to be accepted does frequently happen. The point I was making was that when I lived on the Island the main accusation of criminal activity was aimed at Scousers. I'm not saying its right but that my own experience. For the record I've no beef with Scousers, Manx, Comeovers, Englanders, Martians, etc. I prefer to take people at face value as individuals, I don't care where someone comes from.

I have never heard such a generalisation against Scousers, except from other English people. The fact is, most of the criminal activity going on on this island is done by people with London / South East accents in the financial services.

Oh TJ, just put a sock in it.

Ha ha, it's Manx Forums self appointed editor! I bet TJ is really another one of your sock puppets!

That's one of the funniest things I've read on here, it would be brilliant if TJ turned out to be Amadeus.

Just looking at my 'German qualities' list...

• No sense of humour - Check
  • Wear Lederhosen - Probably
  • Likes cars more than anything else - Unlikely
  • Punctual - Probably not
  • Cold - Check
  • Reserved - with real people - Probably
  • Eats loads of bread - Probably
  • Loves beer - Probably, seems to be on it when posting
  • Loves sausages - Possibly
  • Unromantic - Probably as a virgin has never had the chance to find out
  • Has a firece dog - Unlikely
  • Loves football - Unlikely
  • Loves rules - Definitely not
  • Building up an invasion force in secret - check

So, no. Only a 20% chance he could be Amadeus.

Albert, once again demonstrating that I'm dealing with soft targets, and it's just strafing runs in my underwear before my first cup of coffee. <nip> <nip>

For a moment I thought you'd come up with something funny for a change.

I can honestly say, having used some form of Isle of Man related forum for the past 15+ years, I have only used the "ignore/hide" function twice. Once for vader the second for TJ.

On MF whilst a topic may start out remotely interesting, or at least, have the prospect of becoming interesting. Normally if TJ is in there, it deteriorates into random irrelevance. I think Food & Drink and perhaps Computing are the only save havens.

Is it a reasonable view that when talking to the media about offenders, the police should differentiate between Manx people and other residents of the Island? It doesn't seem to me like the attitude that a confident, independent nation should be taking. It would not feel particularly welcoming to me, as a UK citizen resident here, paying taxes and thus helping to sustain this lovely island.

I can honestly say, having used some form of Isle of Man related forum for the past 15+ years, I have only used the "ignore/hide" function twice. Once for vader the second for TJ.

On MF whilst a topic may start out remotely interesting, or at least, have the prospect of becoming interesting. Normally if TJ is in there, it deteriorates into random irrelevance. I think Food & Drink and perhaps Computing are the only save havens.

Thanks for your opinion, Joey, but nobody gives a fuck. Good day.

That's not very nice, how come you always resort to name calling and swearing? I'd have thought you were man enough to rise above all that.

That's not very nice, how come you always resort to name calling and swearing? I'd have thought you were man enough to rise above all that.

I don't have time for these clowns. I don't have time for their judgement and their stupidity. They lay down with their ugly wives in front of their ugly children and just look at their loser lives and then look at me and they say 'I can't process it'. Well no, and you never will. Stop trying, just sit back and enjoy the show.

I don't have time for these clowns. I don't have time for their judgement and their stupidity. They lay down with their ugly wives in front of their ugly children and just look at their loser lives and then look at me and they say 'I can't process it'. Well no, and you never will. Stop trying, just sit back and enjoy the show.

I suppose Charlie Sheen is more fun than Noam Chomsky.

If I dare be so rude as to actually type about the topic.....I wonder how many of these DD people are local reoffenders? Does anyone know the rate of reoffending (in general) on the IoM? I'm not suggesting the police go after the same old crims all the time, just the same old names pop up time and time again so it made me wonder.

Archived