Majority of drink driving arrests are locals

The Sick Moon

Who the hell do you think you are, TJ? You're the fucking world champion in thread derailments and you were repeatedly, and nicely, told to take a step back, take a little break, let the internet be for a bit. I'd be for your own good. Instead you're continuing your mental meltdown at full speed and calling anyone who disagrees with your views names. You're out of order. Get a fucking grip or get help. You need it.

Who the hell do you think you are, Amadeus? A qualified psychiatrist? You're not qualified to diagnose a mental meltdown or to tell person they need "help".

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who the hell do you think you are, TJ? You're the fucking world champion in thread derailments and you were repeatedly, and nicely, told to take a step back, take a little break, let the internet be for a bit. I'd be for your own good. Instead you're continuing your mental meltdown at full speed and calling anyone who disagrees with your views names. You're out of order. Get a fucking grip or get help. You need it.

Who the hell do you think you are, Amadeus? A qualified psychiatrist? You're not qualified to diagnose a mental meltdown or to tell person they need "help".

Says the German who if anyone has a different opinion on his views of the TT is a knumbskull...

Says the German who if anyone has a different opinion on his views of the TT is a knumbskull...

Why bring up his nationality? Unless of course you happen to be racist? Or manx....same thing really.

Why bring up his nationality? Unless of course you happen to be racist? Or manx....same thing reallywhatever.gif

Why bring up his nationality? Unless of course you happen to be racist? Or manx....same thing really.

Twat

*sigh*

There are a few things here about drink driving which probably need expanding on...

What are the normal statistics (outside of TT week) for drink driving?

How frequently do the Police check for Drink Drivers during normal periods versus TT week?

It could well be that a few Island residents, who may or may not, drink drive during the rest of the year have been caught by a greater focus on road safety during the TT. It would also be interesting to know the times when these people were caught. Was it a case of they drive to the pub, had a few drinks and drove back or were they caught the following morning when they were still over the limit?

I can't say that the statistics look good though. Especially when people are so willing to point the finger towards the visitors during TT week as being the irresponsible ones.

Out of interest what is the situation if a pillion passenger is over the limit? I am a biker and know that the pillion passenger can affect the handling of the bike significantly and I would therefore never carry a drunk pillion, however, is there actually any restriction on it?

Out of interest what is the situation if a pillion passenger is over the limit? I am a biker and know that the pillion passenger can affect the handling of the bike significantly and I would therefore never carry a drunk pillion, however, is there actually any restriction on it?

Potentially a criminal offence, depends on the circumstance and events obviously. I can't find the Manx equivalent but I think its very similar to the UK law in this respect.

Section 40a of The Road Traffic Act, 1988 (Dangerous Condition) states:

"A person is guilty of an offence if he uses, or causes or permits another to use, a motor vehicle or trailer on a road when the number of passengers carried by it, or the manner in which they are carried is such that the use of the motor vehicle or trailer involves a danger of injury to any person."

A pillion passenger or a passenger in a car can get into trouble if they are over the limit and found to be the cause of an accident. Personally, I wouldn't carry a pillion passenger that has been drinking.

A pillion passenger or a passenger in a car can get into trouble if they are over the limit and found to be the cause of an accident. Personally, I wouldn't carry a pillion passenger that has been drinking.

Thanks for that and I absolutely agree with you! On the few occasions I have a pillion passenger I will make sure that they know that I need them to lean with the bike in the corners. There is no way I would want to carry a passenger who is a liability. I just wondered what the legal situation was and that section of the Highway Code seems to address it.

<p>The thing is, where tj is concerned there are three possibilities;</p>

<p> </p>

<p>1. He IS just a sad and rather 'individual' individual.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>2. A sad 'individual' individual troll...of the highest calibre. (because people DO respond to this jerk)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>3.OR....someone employed by IOMG to make manxforums, no matter how serious the topic, look simply juvenile, ridiculous and frivolous  and therefore not of ANY real concern.</p>

<p>Well done tj, it worked, once again yet another thread completely derailed by your posted bullshit .... Now nobody of any real consequence will ever take us seriously, whatever the seriousness of our concerns....you unmitigated silly TWIT!!</p>

What does <p> </p> mean? Have you been drinking? Hope you got a bus or taxi home.

no blank Space

Archived