Ronaldsway Airport Beirut.

Max Power

I have just been to the airport to collect someone visiting the island.

I tried to park outside the airport about five minutes before the time that the flight was due but was moved on and told that I had to come back when the person was there.

I went to drive into the car park to find that there is no free time, the charge is £1.00 from 0 to 1 hour. Of course the car park is full and nowhere to park available due to those waiting to collect? Still charged £1.00 to drive in and out though!

Is this one of those things they call the law of unintended consequences or just one of our usual civil service cock ups? What happens when it gets really busy and people want to park up to catch a flight and they can't get parked because of those sitting waiting to pick up passengers?

Fuckwits!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone must have done the figures on minimum and maximum numbers of vehicles in the car park at any one time or hasn't this been discussed with consultants yet?

How many cars / vans can the car park take?

I thought about taking a few trips away this year but I really can't be arsed with this kind of bollocks so I didnt bother.

Same same, I take the boat. By the time you've fannied around trying to get to and through stupid airports, blerrrrgh less stress on the boat. Last time I flew the bint at Reynolshwaaaay took my sun tan spray, what ever, have it (yes I did get burned first day in Portugal) - it's not me you're trying to stop. How many terror attacks are made by people who are clearly on a girls weekend away? I know..yeah...but...really?

Wait in the industrial estate, get an airline arrivals app, get your passenger to call you when they get into arrivals. It's a pick up and drop off zone, not a wait for persons coming off plane zone.. Clearly there will be enforcement as the new regime is adopted. What makes you think airport parking, or any parking, is included in taxes. User should pay, except for education and health and some social care. Bees, really, why pack a liquid more than 100ml in hand baggage? The rules have been there for a decade. What did you expect.

There will be plenty of spaces when there are less flights !

Seriously it is difficult to imagine how the airport could be less well managed, the place is a joke the customer has been forgotten.

It's all about the process, always was always will be and not just the Airport.

I went to drive into the car park to find that there is no free time, the charge is £1.00 from 0 to 1 hour. Of course the car park is full and nowhere to park available due to those waiting to collect? Still charged £1.00 to drive in and out though!

Must of changed it recently, I went into the car park about 3 weeks ago, stayed there for 10 minutes and drove out, no mention of any £1 charge on the machine, not that I checked before parking anyway.

Archived