Ronaldsway Airport Beirut.

Max Power

simple solution to the lack of parking space would be to get rid of all those flippin bushes, at least then you might be able to spot a space without having to go in and out all the nooks and crannies to look, also cut back the bushes on the dual carriageway which stop you seeing if there's anything coming on the roundabouts !

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody cares. They just want your money.

I know but the incompetence is just being underwritten by the public through service charges. They should be focussing on managing costs first. Mark my words the next 'savings' will be another £1m being spent to make the carpark bigger because it now can't accommodate peak time parking, and they will justify this expenditure because it can 'make' more money from the bigger number of slots. Another loss dressed up as a brilliant business idea because we have to be 'commercial'.

Oh how accurate !

I have just been to the airport to collect someone visiting the island.

I tried to park outside the airport about five minutes before the time that the flight was due but was moved on and told that I had to come back when the person was there.

I went to drive into the car park to find that there is no free time, the charge is £1.00 from 0 to 1 hour. Of course the car park is full and nowhere to park available due to those waiting to collect? Still charged £1.00 to drive in and out though!

Is this one of those things they call the law of unintended consequences or just one of our usual civil service cock ups? What happens when it gets really busy and people want to park up to catch a flight and they can't get parked because of those sitting waiting to pick up passengers?

Fuckwits!

I tried to park outside the airport about five minutes before the time that the flight was due but was moved on and told that I had to come back when the person was there.

I went to drive into the car park to find that there is no free time, the charge is £1.00 from 0 to 1 hour. Of course the car park is full and nowhere to park available due to those waiting to collect? Still charged £1.00 to drive in and out though!

Is this one of those things they call the law of unintended consequences or just one of our usual civil service cock ups? What happens when it gets really busy and people want to park up to catch a flight and they can't get parked because of those sitting waiting to pick up passengers?

Fuckwits!

I'd ask for your £1 back. It's for parking & as you didn't park you shouldn't be charged. Even better I'd press the assistance button at the gate on the way out & make them come & let you out without paying.

Fuckwits!

Fuckwits!

I'd ask for your £1 back. It's for parking & as you didn't park you shouldn't be charged. Even better I'd press the assistance button at the gate on the way out & make them come & let you out without paying.

Have they actually fixed the assitance buttons then?, last time I looked they were all broken, just like the pay machines that rarely accept credit cards.

The management at the airport from my personal experience have absolutely zero concept of anything to do with customer service or people skills

I seem to recall we blew some ridiculous sum I believe it was a million on the car park to the left off the island, which was so empty that staff were instructed to park in there to give the illusion of money well spent !

I agree with Boredom, we have no one who has any idea how to run a commercial operation where making the business viable in straitened times is a talent. We have wastrels and dreamers and the public purse has to pick up the tab for their largesse. How much longer will it be until someone in the keys starts asking the difficult questions of those in charge whose achievements are exactly zip !

If I couldn't park I sure as hell wouldn't pay to get out. I'd sit there at the barrier and ring the airport and tell them. Up to them to sort it.

Well for the first time this evening I have been to the airport to pick someone up and what a shambles, whoever thought this one up needs a serious check up from the neck up. I was moved on by a very polite airport security officer no complaints there, but the road past the airport is now just that, a road, with cars driving past at enough speed to cause a serious accident with a pedestrian trying to cross. From a pick up area they have created a road with passing traffic who are unable to stop and just drive aimlessly past thus meaning that the volume of traffic is now much greater than before. A lady with a suitcase almost got mown down tonight trying to cross the road. IMO this is a serious safety issue which has not been thought through and it will only be a matter of time before the artificial traffic flow created causes an accident !. I didn't think the airport could become more of a farce but lo I admit I was wrong !!

Archived