Ronaldsway Airport Beirut.

Max Power

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems that the airport security staff have been told to move cars that are waiting to pick up passengers - even though the flight concerned may have landed.

However, it seems that the airport security staff have also been told to use some discretion with those drivers picking up passengers from SleasyJet flights. I sense a brown envelope or two floating around the terminal. Perhaps the answer is to drive into the staff car park and wait there. Even better - make use of Ann Reynoldsway's reserved parking space.

Seems that the airport security staff have been told to move cars that are waiting to pick up passengers - even though the flight concerned may have landed.

However, it seems that the airport security staff have also been told to use some discretion with those drivers picking up passengers from SleasyJet flights. I sense a brown envelope or two floating around the terminal. Perhaps the answer is to drive into the staff car park and wait there. Even better - make use of Ann Reynoldsway's reserved parking space.

I think MHK's also have reserved spaces. Fair enough as for any business their paking is paid for when they are off Island on Govt business, but nice free perk for them and their families when off Island on holiday, shopping etc

The guy said to me you are only allowed to stop if your passengers are at the kerbside waiting to get in, going to be great when its pissing down and people have to stand at the kerb. For goodness sake the place is on its arse as it is why make it any more inconvenient for everyone to use, how much do we pay these clowns to manage this failing public transport facility !

Just dropped someone off. It was clear. Lots of gear, big case, hand luggage and a ski bag. The drop off parking area was clear, nearly, instead of the usual line up of cars waiting, and waiting. Blocking everyone else.

The only change they need to make is to make long stay area cheaper ( to move vehicles over) and make more short stay spaces nearer to the terminal in the existing park area.

Vast improvement.

Just dropped someone off. It was clear. Lots of gear, big case, hand luggage and a ski bag. The drop off parking area was clear, nearly, instead of the usual line up of cars waiting, and waiting. Blocking everyone else.

The only change they need to make is to make long stay area cheaper ( to move vehicles over) and make more short stay spaces nearer to the terminal in the existing park area.

Vast improvement.

Wait till you have to pick someone up and its pissing down and they must be standing at the kerb or you can't wait for even 30 seconds, then you either drive around and around or drive through the car park and pay £1. When you friends return they will have to be standing at the kerb with all their gear irrespective of the weather etc just so that you can stop ! dropping off will be an improvement but picking up is a nonsense !!

The guy said to me you are only allowed to stop if your passengers are at the kerbside waiting to get in, going to be great when its pissing down and people have to stand at the kerb. For goodness sake the place is on its arse as it is why make it any more inconvenient for everyone to use, how much do we pay these clowns to manage this failing public transport facility !

I can see a request chitty heading into Tynwald for a roof to cover the pavement pick up and drop off area.....

Why didn't they just put the pay barrier at the exit from the roundabout off the A5 at the Ballasalla end and the exit barrier at the entrance to the roundabout at the Castletown end and have done with it? Everyone pays. If it doesn't bring in the desired moolah they could always move them to the railway level crossing and the entrance to King Bills respectively. I'm sure we're already to cough up in a good cause. Someone above had it right. Embarrassing.

I can see a request chitty heading into Tynwald for a roof to cover the pavement pick up and drop off area.....

Yes, that'll be £75,000 please. Oh well that's the first year's savings gone!

Archived