Cyclists in clusters.

Mr Bear

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roxanne is right about the hating, but I think people who regard it as ok to deliberately inconvenience others for their hobby are a bit twattish. By comparison jugglers are a conscientious bunch.

So you're pretty much anti-everything then, or if not at least think that anyone with a hobby of some sort is a twat, because for just about every hobby I can think of others are inconvenienced in some way.

Unless you live alone and your sole hobby is being online not interacting in any way with anyone else. Or watching TV.

So you're pretty much anti-everything then, or if not at least think that anyone with a hobby of some sort is a twat, because for just about every hobby I can think of others are inconvenienced in some way.

Cycling probably does cause the most inconvenience but is that down to individuals or just poor road infrastructure. I get stuck behind a cyclist most days and the only thing that irritates me are the cars behind me a foot from my bumper effing and jeffing because I won't squeeze past as I wait for a proper gap which is probably what happened on that above video.

I had to slow down to a stop yesterday as a horse was coming down the road and I had to stop behind a parked car, no biggie for me, got a thank you from the rider, the other drivers behind me looked fuming and in much need of anger management courses.

Cycling probably does cause the most inconvenience

More than cars? Everytime I cross the road I have to stop and look for cars. Everytime I drive I have to wait behind cars at stop signs, traffic lights etc. Sometimes I don't even get through the green light because the queue of cars is so long.

Cars turning left is what slows me down the most when I drive. I think drivers don't notice them though, because they think they're supposed to be there. Cyclists wearing funny lycra who don't pay road tax aren't supposed to be there, so enrage many drivers. They start using words like 'self rightous' and 'arrogant' without even speaking to the poor cyclist.

Change the attitude, understand that the road isn't yours; it's for everyone. That bloke on a bike is perfectly entitled to be there, and deserves your attention and courtesy to pass safely.

They were warned by the cops to show more courtesy last week (MR News). Selfish spatially unaware twats most of them.ETA: and some cyclists very spatially aware of what they're doing to 'claim' the road.Need a few prosecutions...cyclists and drivers to remind people of the rules...before someone gets killed.

Boring generalisations from our resident small minded angry little man.
When you've driven over a million miles in all kinds of vehicles you learn a lot about other road users.

Someone will get killed given the behaviour of both cyclists and car drivers here...in some kind of road rage incident...wait and see. Cops need to get a grip of both sides and nip it in the bud.

The above is not true. I despise juggling. But there are few pastimes as infuriating and irksome to other people than cycling on the roads.

I agree. Cyclists represent everything wrong with the middle class. The snootiness, the inconsiderate attitude, the pretenciousness, the obnoxious self-absorption, the disregard for others, and - worst of all - the lycra. If anything sums up the failure of modern western society, it's cyclists.

Doesn't the highway code state that cyclists should ride in single file to allow traffic to pass?

According to the gov.uk highway code "never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends"

A lot of cyclists will move to single file when a car is coming up behind them, and that makes overtaking far easier. I always like to give cyclists a wide berth when overtaking though, I've been almost very intimate with too many wing mirrors when out cycling myself

Archived