Cyclists in clusters.

Mr Bear

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see anything wrong with that either. To pass one cyclist safely you have to cross into the other lane anyway so passing 2 abreast makes no difference. Actually I'd say they are a bit safer riding 2 abreast there as traffic approaching from the rear will see them earlier through the bends than if they were both cycling single file.

But hey, they've already lost the cycle lane on Douglas promenade through self-righteous arrogance, so why not see if they can get bicycles banned or clamped down on or severely restructed on all the other roads on the island. And that would be a real shame for all the decent cyclists who actually share the road with other users.

I'm a decent cyclist who actually shares the road with other road users whether I'm cycling or driving and I didn't see any problem there. Your long burst of vehicles amounted to 16 cars and a motorbike. So not so long after all. Stop whining.

I don't see much of a problem either, far easier to overtake 2 cyclists riding two abreast than two individual cyclists separated 10 metres apart. The real problem here is the mountain road being closed, that's the reason for the increase in traffic. From the title I was expecting some 10-12 cyclists, that is a real pain in the arse and is like overtaking 3 slow moving cars.

Archived