Amy's in the race!

FACT

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck Amy, I for one am happy that someone who, in my opinion made a mistake, and still has the guts to go for it. I don't know much about what you are attempting to achieve by standing, maybe listing some of the things on here 'might' help?

dont worry aimes ...fact and oldmanxfella both prior confirmed malarkey sock puppets..

Just for the record I hope Malarkey doesn't get in either. However like many I am struggling to see why someone should vote for a candidate on the basis that out of three idiots, one of them sounds marginally less idiotic than the other two. Based on what this person posted the last time round (including scurrilous rumours about the Chief Minister that have yet to be proven to have any basis in fact) they earned every bit of criticism they got.

If Amy has the guts to stand, well done.

At least it will be an alternative to the "old guard" rejects trying for a ticket on what will most likely be the last gravy train out of Trough Central.

http://manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=76267

Amy's on the hustings for Douglas South - as a " homemaker". This is the best political news for months...this campaign promises to be comedy gold. I'm an Onchan voter but I'll be at that requisition meeting, you can count on it. If she's elected I'm buying a season ticket to the Tynwald public gallery.

ETA - I apologize that there is an existing thread....I didn't spot the rather cryptic title. Mods - feel free to lock this one if you wish...sorry.

Is Douglas South where that German guy is standing? Between him and Amy, I'd vote for him. Sorry, Amy, I'm sure you're a nice person, I have nothing against you, but the German dude has more business experience which is what the government is in dire need of right now.

No thanks. I prefer my voice that I vote for to be more genuine, trustworthy and above all without a perverse agenda and all round less of a nincompoop.

I have all your ip's and the other hilarious shit that was mentioned the last time this was in the public domain was such an eye opener for people who don't know who you are.

Not entirely sure that is true Isaac. Amy will see things from the point of view of many South Douglas folk, isn't it right for all of the people to have a representative? Or do we only want deal with businesses and their people? Perhaps more straight talking, no-nonsense real people is what we actually need. I wish her all the best, is she independent?

I like the look of the German guy but I can't help but feel he might be getting in to further his own personal agenda.

I see Malarkey/Ashford wins in these by-elections...others will just split equally and let the two wrong ones in.

Wrong ones? Sorry...I meant I wouldn't vote for any of them.

Roll on a new political party with a massively fresh wake up agenda in 2016.

It's coming. Just wait.

Not entirely sure that is true Isaac. Amy will see things from the point of view of many South Douglas folk, isn't it right for all of the people to have a representative? Or do we only want deal with businesses and their people? Perhaps more straight talking, no-nonsense real people is what we actually need. I wish her all the best, is she independent?

I like the look of the German guy but I can't help but feel he might be getting in to further his own personal agenda.

We need people with business acumen to get us through the economic hurdles ahead. We need candidates who will sort out the bloat of government. Do you really see a populist candidate who wants to be all things to all people and to be seen to be popular doing that? No, we need people prepared to make unpopular decisions, someone who will say no to more public spending instead of protesting against cuts. As I said, I'm sure she's a nice person, but nothing she has said or done leads me to think that she is going to do anything to sort out the gravy train. I have seen nothing to indicate she is a "no-nonsense" or "real person" - all she has done is pursue and regurgitate populist positions. Has she ever said or done anything which was unpopular with her sycophant followers on Facebook? I don't think so. Sorry.

Archived