Amy's in the race!

FACT

And the people have a choice

Elect a known candidate and be extremely happy with what they say and do and their pensions increase year after year

Elect an unknown candidate and hope that they haven't been bought out in one way or another.

I don't know Amy, although she has stood firm on the toilet tax which is creditable to some degree but whether she has the fire to rock the boat if necessary or will brown tongue the regulars then I don't know, but I'm hoping for a bit of determination from her as like all newbies seem to do before they seemingly come under the shadow of the Bell.

I'll watch what happens with interest and hope that she stays true to herself and not coerced by others. At least she made an effort to do what I and many others won't and applaud her for sticking her neck out in these tough times.

IMO, I'd say that we should at least give her a chance, but who would you like her to follow as an example?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Malarkey/Ashford wins in these by-elections...others will just split equally and let the two wrong ones in.

Wrong ones? Sorry...I meant I wouldn't vote for any of them.

Roll on a new political party with a massively fresh wake up agenda in 2016.

It's coming. Just wait.

What kind of half-wit would vote for Malarkey?

Probably a lot of the half-wits who voted him in first time around.

Fitton, Buckholz and Malarkey declared some time ago and received a pack which includes a copy of the electoral register to enable them to fill in the form and get 20 supporters.

Burns declares today and has already filled out the form with 20 names from the current register of electors, meaning she already had a copy from somewhere.

Electoral registers are not for distribution to anyone before declaration and to give one to someone else is a criminal offence.

Do you see where I'm going here?

Who on earth would pass confidential, private, government documents to Ms. Burns......?

Serious question. What relevant qualifications or experience does the woman have to become a member of The Keys?

She was the motivation behind the petition against the toilet tax. And some stuff about pre-school or whatever.

You could ask the same about, for example, former minister the MHK lad for Malew & Santon. I think the most relevant experience he's had was holding the ladder while his da' painted things. Then there's Quirky; worked for Douglas Corpy and amassed an aladdin's cave of plumbing fittings and did loads of calls to Mannin Line. Minister Crookall posted letters (I think). Brenda Cannell did people's hair and sang in a band. Peter Karran got a dolphin certificate for swimming 50 yards and nailed some bits of wood together building Summerland, Minister Shimmin did PE at school. Allan Bell sold jumpers. Robertshaw rose from blanket stacker in a hotel to chief blanket stacker in a bigger hotel. Cretters sold tat and fell asleep drunk in a pub. The list goes on.

Not sure how that is considered to be a plus on her score card.

Loved the David Quirk bit though.

Fitton, Buckholz and Malarkey declared some time ago and received a pack which includes a copy of the electoral register to enable them to fill in the form and get 20 supporters.

Burns declares today and has already filled out the form with 20 names from the current register of electors, meaning she already had a copy from somewhere.

Electoral registers are not for distribution to anyone before declaration and to give one to someone else is a criminal offence.

Do you see where I'm going here?

Who on earth would pass confidential, private, government documents to Ms. Burns......?

Lordy....!! Perhaps somebody who's done such a leaky-type thing before.....? Surely not.....?!!

Is Douglas South where that German guy is standing? Between him and Amy, I'd vote for him. Sorry, Amy, I'm sure you're a nice person, I have nothing against you, but the German dude has more business experience which is what the government is in dire need of right now.

I like his manifesto promise on the dog shit problem , and his proposed fisheries policy!

This is like deja vu,why is it that South Douglas always gets chavs and deluded weirdo germans. Will have to vote for this Fitton fella as at least he is lib van so I know what he stands for, oh crap that's how I got suckered into voting for the ball bag malarkey.

At least it will be an alternative to the "old guard" rejects trying for a ticket on what will most likely be the last gravy train out of Trough Central.

Are you sure this isn't simply the case of a Cretney stool pigeon trying to get pushed into Keys on the back of a popularist campaign managed behind the scenes by the exact same "old guard" you despise? I'm not.
I think you might have a point, FACT has hinted at similar but seems to have no evidence to back up his claim in another thread regarding the signatures backing this candidate.
I see where you're coming from, it was suggested a few months back that Cretney's daughter might stand?

Maybe Ms Burns could be seen as a less nepotistic candidate but still be getting the backing of the South Douglas dynasty with all its connections and experience....?

Yes, Cretney will be writing her Manifesto and knocking on the doors.

I just wonder if Cretney will be sitting next to her at the Public Meetings or Radio Interviews

Joking apart, it's a piss-poor selection of candidates isn't it? Another knock for the value/credibility of Manx politics. I fear this is a portent of next September. I'm not optimistic about the likelihood of a breakthrough of quality new candidates.

If she can get he Cretney camp behind her she can walk it. Otherwise every chance that all around horrible guy and selfish gravy train wannabe Bandwagon Bill will walk in and that really wouldn't be good. Douglas South is not about lovely campaigns and glossy manifestos. It's granny farming and getting the right areas to support you. Amy, you would be well advised to get a car service going for election day. David did that when I stood in south and his guys moved more people to the polling station on one day and back than easy jet carries in a month. Go canvassing and offer people a lift on Election Day. And please make sure malarkey doesn't win. All that man deserves is a one way trip to Mars.

Joking apart, it's a piss-poor selection of candidates isn't it? Another knock for the value/credibility of Manx politics. I fear this is a portent of next September. I'm not optimistic about the likelihood of a breakthrough of quality new candyidates.

Would you stand in this vitriol filled cesspit of bitterness & character assassination?

Joking apart, it's a piss-poor selection of candidates isn't it? Another knock for the value/credibility of Manx politics. I fear this is a portent of next September. I'm not optimistic about the likelihood of a breakthrough of quality new candidates.

I agree it's not great, but whose credentials are any worse than Cretney's?

Joking apart, it's a piss-poor selection of candidates isn't it? Another knock for the value/credibility of Manx politics. I fear this is a portent of next September. I'm not optimistic about the likelihood of a breakthrough of quality new candyidates.

Would you stand in this vitriol filled cesspit of bitterness & character assassination?

I think any candidate, for the sake of their own ego, would probably be advised to stay away from manxforums. I wish I could

Archived