General Slowness / Unavailability

ans

We've obviously been having issues over the last day. Some unexplained table locks resulted in a few server restarts last night and this morning.

We've also been having database connection issues intermittently. Completed some cleanup and repair of the tables and things look livelier now so fingers crossed it's all resolved. We'll try and keep an eye on it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MF seemed to be off air earlier today.

WAS THIS FOR TECHNICAL OR LEGAL REASONS???

An Amadeus thread about a corrupted product disappeared on the re-appearance of MF.

If and that's a big IF, this was for legal reasons, should this be explained to us?

If the police ask for a shut down to remove something, should a thread be put up to explain this?

I noticed this was explained? in a thread last week.

Maybe I'm looking too deeply into an innocent technical hitch!

We've had technical issues for the last two days so any conspiracy is all in your mind.

Sometimes we disclose a legal request, mostly to stop people repeat posting something, but sometimes we don't. That's our discretion and we have no obligation.

If anything disappeared, it's a consequence of the database rollbacks and actions that were taken.

Censorship is a cool theory but it was my fault...

What happened with Amadeus's thread was, when the forum came back, the thread was there but there were no posts in it not even an opening one. Maybe the forum broke halfway through him uploading.

I replied "?"

This made me the first poster. And made it look as if I had started the thread. Since the forum now thought I was topic starter it gave me the power as a subscriber to delete the thread.

I didn't want a load of questions asking why I'd started that thread with no content. So I deleted it, thinking that Amadeus could always post a new thread when he was next on.

Archived