What's Mr Quirk MHK been up to now I wonder

Paul_Peel

Last election we were supposed to choose 3 MHKs from a list of 6 or 7.

I could not find 3 worth a vote (including Quirky) so I picked 2 - Peter Karran and the other bloke whose name I cant remember - I thin he is a pilot in his spare time.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last election we were supposed to choose 3 MHKs from a list of 6 or 7.

I could not find 3 worth a vote (including Quirky) so I picked 2 - Peter Karran and the other bloke whose name I cant remember - I thin he is a pilot in his spare time.

Pontius?

Board Terrier

One Commissioner (not me) brought their concerns regarding the "New" charging structure at Manx Gas to the Board's attention.

On behalf of ALL gas users in Onchan (Private & Social) the Board agreed that a letter of concern should be sent to the OFT Chairman, which just happens to be David Quirk, MHK for Onchan.

As for social housing rents, the Board was asked by the DOI for their opinion on any rent increases that should be applied from April 2016.

The Onchan Board has asked for "zero" increase, which was based on a number of factors including - means testing, other charges being introduced by government departments and third parties (Manx Gas, MEA etc.) and the level of increases already applied since 2012.

>The Onchan Board has asked for "zero" increase, which was based on a number of factors including - means testing, other charges being introduced by government departments and third parties (Manx Gas, MEA etc.) and the level of increases already applied since 2012.

So if the Commissioners aren't charging their tenants an increase in 2016 because of "other charges being introduced by Government departments...", would this generosity be reflected across the whole of Onchan's populace?

E.g. Could private tenants/homeowners be offered similar sized figure by means of a rebate in their rates?

The smarter amongst us may see this as a vote winner at the forthcoming elections...

TBT.

There is good news on the horizon for ratepayers (island wide) - details to be released shortly

Archived