What's Mr Quirk MHK been up to now I wonder

Paul_Peel

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last election we were supposed to choose 3 MHKs from a list of 6 or 7.

I could not find 3 worth a vote (including Quirky) so I picked 2 - Peter Karran and the other bloke whose name I cant remember - I thin he is a pilot in his spare time.

Pontius?

I've heard so little from,., or about Hall, that it sounds like he is an MHK in his spare time, not the other way around.

There is good news on the horizon for ratepayers (island wide) - details to be released shortly

Yay a reduction in the refuse fees. Yet the overall costs will remain the same so taxpayers will no doubt get hit by an equivalent amount somewhere along the line......

If only ratepayers and taxpayers weren't the same people

Quirk will pay at the ballot box Ball will keep pocketing his 100K+ salary and retire with a massive lump sum and pension, highlighting yet again the abysmal failure that this Bell led administration is responsible for.

Co Min has to be the biggest most anti democratic system of governance in the world and I fear no one is capable or interested in doing anything about it.

They are still behaving as if nothing needs to change.

Definitely time to seriously consider leaving the land of my birth---Sad and sorry state of affairs indeed.

You will find him at the Requisition meeting on Monday, sitting with his 'friend' Derek Crellin' (Onchan Commissioner) taking notes to show to his master and mumbling under his breath

. Ask him about the gas rise, he will ignore you and carry on notetaking. Make your mind up for yourself.

More likely doodling mostly. I do that at meetings though, as it maks me look important and smart. Everyone falls for it everytime. Does he sit at the back where no one can look over your shoulder?

Told you so

Anyone can be an MHK. Just vote with the Government mostly and they will like you and not rumble you. Talk a lot about silly things, which might irritate folk but thats it.

Getting votes is the hard bit but keep trying many many times and making a fool of yourself and butter up the new voters as they don't know what they are doing anyway

I don't think this type of debacle is unique to Onchan Commissioners or Mr Quirk, it is an Isle of Man thing.

As someone pointed out, something fishy allegedly happened with the squash courts. To me, it was plain to see. Mr Quirk clearly wants to find out and it could be argued he is using his position as MHK to apply leverage. The commissioners are growing tired of responding. He argues he is not satisfied with the response. They perceive his behaviour as threatening. There is probably a lot of resentment, perhaps due to the bombardment of letters, personal differences or other. Yada yada yada.

The shear irrelevance and insignificance of this against a backdrop of pension deficits, economic challenges, the reducing police force, unemployment (or perhaps the opposite) is mind boggling. Local authorities will blame central government and central government blame local authorities. It is like arguing over the procurement process for a fire extinguisher; where they were purchased, when, why and who is qualified to use it - why the building burns down around you.

I don't think this type of debacle is unique to Onchan Commissioners or Mr Quirk, it is an Isle of Man thing.

As someone pointed out, something fishy allegedly happened with the squash courts. To me, it was plain to see. Mr Quirk clearly wants to find out and it could be argued he is using his position as MHK to apply leverage. The commissioners are growing tired of responding. He argues he is not satisfied with the response. They perceive his behaviour as threatening. There is probably a lot of resentment, perhaps due to the bombardment of letters, personal differences or other. Yada yada yada.

The shear irrelevance and insignificance of this against a backdrop of pension deficits, economic challenges, the reducing police force, unemployment (or perhaps the opposite) is mind boggling. Local authorities will blame central government and central government blame local authorities. It is like arguing over the procurement process for a fire extinguisher; where they were purchased, when, why and who is qualified to use it - why the building burns down around you.

>...something fishy allegedly happened with the squash courts.

Hi Joey.

There was also something fishy going on regarding sub-letting social housing property on the Willaston estate.

But David Quirk wasn't so enthusiastic to look into that. All the more surprising in that him being a former Corpy employee etc.

Caused quite a stir a few years back in that the accused was a Douglas Councillor.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/councillor-quits-role-a-by-election-will-have-to-be-called-1-6085947#axzz3qsvFxZBV

TBT..

Archived