NASA controversies

Chinahand

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems that America is expanding....

11794566_435328969987083_357219717557197

Here is a direct link to the 2012 "Blue Marble", compare it with google earth, the Gulf of mexico seems to have grown quite a bit.....

Look at the 1997 one below, Looks like early CGI to me, but again the USA seem to have shrunk by quite a bit.

6760135001_58b1c5c5f0_b.jpg

1997 And we even get the moon in this one....

1997.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=940&h=85

I suppose I'm not too surprised that Gerry doesn't understand the horizon and how it provides a perfectly rational explanation for the different images.

Go on Gerry, try and think about what might be happening in terms of height above the earth and angle of view rather than conspiracies all the time.

Do I really need to draw you a diagram?

I suppose I'm not too surprised that Gerry doesn't understand the horizon and how it provides a perfectly rational explanation for the different images.

Go on Gerry, try and think about what might be happening in terms of height above the earth and angle of view rather than conspiracies all the time.

Do I really need to draw you a diagram?

I don't really see what you are saying, If I pull up Google Earth the continents don't get larger as I rotate the earth, in the 2 photos, North America is twice the size in the 2012 Composite as opposed to the 1997 picture,

Edit to Add: the ball is in full view in both images, how the heck can North America take up twice as much area on a ball the same size, regardless of horizon and angle.

As ever, Gerry, your inability to comprehend the simple geometry of a sphere makes you insist things which are totally understandable have to be the result of a CGI conspiracy.

post-1364-0-88567900-1451508717_thumb.png

Look at how the field of view shows an increasing portion of the circle as you get further away from it - can you transform this into a sphere?

It is sad that images which are in fact really clear evidence of a spherical earth - the horizon giving an ever larger field of view as you get higher above the Earth - are viewed by the likes of Gerry as a conspiracy to hide a flat earth.

So as you move away does the earth get any smaller?

The long red line is the diameter of the Earth, We see the whole diameter of the earth in both cases. This phenomenon you speak of does not happen when zooming out in Google Earth, keeping the whole diameter of the Earth in view.

The Diameter in both cases is x, however the scale of N.America is no longer correct with the diameter.

post-35809-0-73870900-1451509613_thumb.jpg

Archived