Moving to the island

VorSprungDork

Why don't all you nay sayers just fuck off, and let those of us who love the island enjoy it in peace.

Exactly, well said. It might not be Utopia and we all like to moan about IOMG, but as the OP said, he has a baby grandson, who will actually be able to play outside SAFELY as he grows up. I might not be keen on some of the shenanigans the cs think they're entitled to get away with but I still love the Isle of Man and the life like minded people can live here. I wouldn't move to the UK for a lottery win that's for sure. As for broadband VSD, I'm on manxnet ultima +, 50-100 mps and I don't remember the last time it was down, seems as reliable as fuck to me. Local forums are by definition frequented by people who want to moan about everything and anything so don't be put off. BUT, please be aware before you move, we have a peculiar little event takes place over here once a year called the TT races which entails a small proportion of the roads to be closed for a few hours on certain days for a two week period. We already have one clown on here who moved from the uk, despite hating everything motorcycle, who campaigns tirelessly to have the whole event banned because he finds it inconvenient. Good luck, and yes Ramsey is the best spot. biggrin.png

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a baby grandson and want him to grow up in a safe environment. I worry about what the UK will look like in 30 years.

I just want to pull up the drawbridge and no longer worry about it.

Also, I love the island. We used to holiday in Howstrake holiday camp when I was a nipper and I have been back to the island a couple of times since.

People with that kind of attitude moving here worry me. I'd rather they moved here to contribute to a prosperous progressive modern island with its own identity. Not to be living in some museum of how life was in England 30 years ago.

People like that almost wrecked the Island in the 80's.

I am torn between agreeing with Declan and Domino/Manxb&b

I think both are right

I do like Onchan, Birch Hill side, but that's probably just because I grew up there.

Birch Hill? You might as well be in any suburb anywhere in Britain. Strikes me as a soulless place.

Nice enough place to own a house, but you wouldn't go there for a day out. Bit odd to compare it to Peel.

Archived