St. Helena. ?

dilligaf

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well worth a watch, if just for Howard Quayles' "He rides a Harley Davidson" thrown in with the string of superlatives and accolades he gave this wonder man.

Howard Quayle gushed and gushed and gushed for the full interview. Right to the end.

http://manx.net/tv/mt-tv/watch/64195/new-health-boss

This interview says more about the utter naivety of Minister Howard Quayle than it does about Mark Charters.

And don't we hope that the voters of Middle (or whatever it's called on the new electoral map) remember that.

That's right Barrie. Blair did it as soon as all of those Hong Kong Chinese were safely out of the way. And why not? We've bent over backwards to bring in hordes of people with whom we have much less in common than we have with these imperial co-travellers.

Actually it was the appalling Thatcher creature.

As I was living and working in the UK at the time I got caught up in the shenanigans especially engineered to prevent the Hong Kong Chinese flocking to the UK prior to the handover.

I received a letter ordering me to attend the Home Office in Petty France with my birth certificate and passport in order for them to "regularise" my "status" as someone born in a Crown Dependency. During in the interview I asked the Scribbling Servant why I had been peremtorily summonsed as I was not from Hong Kong? Answer came there none...

ETA - think I misunderstood what point Jumper was trying to make.

Think it was about 1982 that the right to a British passport for all citizens of the Commonwealth was withdrawn.

21st May 2002. Blair as I thought. All Overseas Territories citizens became British Ciitizens on that date.

https://www.gov.uk/types-of-british-nationality/british-overseas-territories-citizen

St Helena only exists because it's funded by the UK taxpayer to the tune of over £20m per annum. So that nice Gordon Brown gave them the wonga to build an airport because it is hoped it will up the tourists from 950 to 29k and everyone will benefit.

However there are problems and there's an Italian company involved.

You just couldn't make it up...

Well worth a watch, if just for Howard Quayles' "He rides a Harley Davidson" thrown in with the string of superlatives and accolades he gave this wonder man.

Howard Quayle gushed and gushed and gushed for the full interview. Right to the end.

This interview says more about the utter naivety of Minister Howard Quayle than it does about Mark Charters.

And don't we hope that the voters of Middle (or whatever it's called on the new electoral map) remember that.

At the Positive Action Group meeting, when Howard Quayle and Mark Charters were flying high, I just thought "what a numpty this guy is". At least he made Howard look less of a numpty.

OK, it can happen to anyone, but he couldn't get his laptop to work for the inevitable Powerpoint™ presentation - so a little old lady on the front row leaned forward and flicked the on/off switch to 'on'. It all went down hill from there, from his obscure sketch on the whiteboard (well actually it was a sheet paper board thingy) which was reminisent of one of those experiments where they give a spider a micro gram or whatever of LSD and show the state f the web it spins, to his laid back talk that was laden with management speak on what he was going to do. Well, as we know, all he was going to do, was do one.

Howard Quayle needs to be reminded of this mammoth fuck up. Only on the Isle of Man could someone with so little ability (but as it happens loads of money) so quickly become Minister For Health. At least Anderson managed to get through his time as Minister by doing what I can only describe as fuck all and keeping his head well down and ignoring people who tried to contact him. (His reason, I am told, was that he didn't reply to anyone who wasn't in his constituency). But, aye, I digress.

At the Positive Action Group meeting, when Howard Quayle and Mark Charters were flying high, I just thought "what a numpty this guy is". At least he made Howard look less of a numpty.

OK, it can happen to anyone, but he couldn't get his laptop to work for the inevitable Powerpoint presentation - so a little old lady on the front row leaned forward and flicked the on/off switch to 'on'. It all went down hill from there, from his obscure sketch on the whiteboard (well actually it was a sheet paper board thingy) which was reminisent of one of those experiments where they give a spider a micro gram or whatever of LSD and show the state f the web it spins, to his laid back talk that was laden with management speak on what he was going to do. Well, as we know, all he was going to do, was do one.

Howard Quayle needs to be reminded of this mammoth fuck up. Only on the Isle of Man could someone with so little ability (but as it happens loads of money) so quickly become Minister For Health. At least Anderson managed to get through his time as Minister by doing what I can only describe as fuck all and keeping his head well down and ignoring people who tried to contact him. (His reason, I am told, was that he didn't reply to anyone who wasn't in his constituency). But, aye, I digress.

A fascinating and dispiriting anecdote. Yes, Quayle does need to be reminded...by being emptied from Keys. He's had a bloody easy ride as Health Minister. The avalanche of monthly questions in Tynwald faced by Anderson dried up the moment Quayle arrived. Mainly because Beecroft (mates with Quayle) and Karran left him alone. He didn't/doesn't deserve to be left alone. Incidentally, is Malcom Couch actually still alive...there's a man who has vanished compared with his Treasury days. I still consider his appointment to Health as very odd.

A fascinating and dispiriting anecdote. Yes, Quayle does need to be reminded...by being emptied from Keys. He's had a bloody easy ride as Health Minister. The avalanche of monthly questions in Tynwald faced by Anderson dried up the moment Quayle arrived. Mainly because Beecroft (mates with Quayle) and Karran left him alone. He didn't/doesn't deserve to be left alone. Incidentally, is Malcom Couch actually still alive...there's a man who has vanished compared with his Treasury days. I still consider his appointment to Health as very odd.

I don't think Quayle has done a bad job because I actually think it's an almost impossible job dealing with some of that corrupt shower of crap who run the hospital and some of the hard core incompetents who infest the health services and DHSC at almost every level. Couch has gone to ground as I don't think he has any traction or effective power base to deal with the people he needs to be able to hoof out on their asses before anything has even the slimmest chance of getting better.

"He rides a Harley"

(quote attributed to Howard Quayle MHK, Minister for Health and all that)

Riding a Harley is no benchmark for anything. In fact usually if someone mentions they ride a Harley to me I tend to assume that they're a raging homosexual. It's the gayest bike anyone can buy. All the more amusing in this case if you're 5ft 2 and ride a Harley.

Who in the amusement is 5' 2?

Mr Charteris was a somewhat diminutive man. He must have looked hilarious on his big gay Harley.

Actually,he'd be nearer 6'4. Still a prat though

I don't think Quayle has done a bad job because I actually think it's an almost impossible job dealing with that corrupt shower of crap who run the hospital and the incompetents who infest the health services and DHSS at almost every level. Couch has gone to ground as I don't think he has any traction or effective power base to deal with the people he needs to be able to hoof out on their asses before anything has even the slimmest chance of getting better.

What utter rubbish. What an insult to the hundreds of hardworking and dedicated staff and management at the hospital and throughout the DHSC.

You really are scraping the barrel for insults.

You obviously have no idea whatsoever of how the service is run.

Stupid, stupid idiot.!

I don't think Quayle has done a bad job because I actually think it's an almost impossible job dealing with that corrupt shower of crap who run the hospital and the incompetents who infest the health services and DHSS at almost every level. Couch has gone to ground as I don't think he has any traction or effective power base to deal with the people he needs to be able to hoof out on their asses before anything has even the slimmest chance of getting better.

What utter rubbish. What an insult to the hundreds of hardworking and dedicated staff and management at the hospital and throughout the DHSC.

You really are scraping the barrel for insults.

You obviously have no idea whatsoever of how the service is run.

Stupid, stupid idiot.!

Where did I insult everyone? Where did I label everyone? I was referring to some of the die hard arse-covering wasters at the top of the Hospital and the DHSC who need to be turfed out before either Quayle or Couch can start to make things get better.

Wind your neck in.

Archived